grim22

Matrix 4 | April 1 2022 | Keanu, Wachowskis back

On 2/15/2020 at 11:13 PM, gadd said:

Nobody ever makes the first jump

That s the thing people don't understand.

It is 100 times harder to to do a Matrix than to do a Parasite.

Doesn't mean doing a Parasite is easy either.

Creating a fantasy/sci-fi/genre world that works in a movie form in just 2 hours(!!!) is 100 times harder than creating a movie set into the utter banality of our world.

Just look at the sisters coming back to the beautiful and safe house they built.

Trust me, they know this by now.

Meanwhile James Mangold, Greta Gerwing, Todd Phillips, Martin Scorcese and QT are praised for Xerox-ing a time period or the banality of our world.

Go figure.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

Where’s filming at for this? Definitely not a film to be seen in the cinema for me. 

• Haha 1
  • Not Cool 2

The law of diminishing returns. 

• Haha 1
  • Not Cool 2

Posted (edited)

This movie's box office potential is 350M dom and 1B ww if the marketing is great and the reception is as good if not better than Bad Boys 3.

Edited by marveldcfox
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

Huh, didn't know WB already announced this was moving to a later date in 2021.

10 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Huh, didn't know WB already announced this was moving to a later date in 2021.

If they're restarting production so soon, maybe July 2021? It's all closed set stuff, so idk how optimistic they're being.

They didn't "announce" anything, Variety just says here that currently it's undated for Warner Bros., but scheduled for 2021.  We'll see.  Also the headline and what's actually written in their article don't really coalesce.  Is the headline talking about the 8-week contract "hold" for the cast to cover the COVID-19 delay, or 8 additional weeks of photography...or both?  I guess it's likely they'll need 8 additional weeks, anyway...but it's just not clearly worded. 

either way, it's good to see Neo and trinity alive. Revolutions ending was depressing af. It also didn't help that he revived Trinity first and then they still killed her at the end. 

So I'm seeing two dates for this: March 5 and May 21. Which one? I like the May 21 date for this.

54 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

This is pretty much moving. I wonder where this moves to.

Space Jam 2’s date. Space Jam moves to Beasts 3’s slot. Coincidentally, that Nov 12 date is near identical to the first Space Jam’s release date 25 years ago

• Like 1

Just now, Eric Atreides said:

Space Jam 2’s date. Space Jam moves to Beasts 3’s slot. Coincidentally, that Nov 12 date is near identical to the first Space Jam’s release date 25 years ago

Moving to Space Jam 2's date is what I thought too but Im thinking Space Jam 2 moves to Sesame Street's old spot, June 4th. Really only has to compete with a Pixar film 2 weeks after (JW 3 isn't really direct competition and is probably moving to Summer 2022 either way).

I think Space Jam and the Suicide Squad are staying where they are, WB was smart in doing production well ahead of time.

This is probably heading to Black Adam’s current spot in December 22nd.

11 minutes ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

This is probably heading to Black Adam’s current spot in December 22nd.

This would be an easy billie with any other date. Releasing it a week after Avatar 2, on the other hand, is suicide.

17 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

This would be an easy billie with any other date. Releasing it a week after Avatar 2, on the other hand, is suicide.

I don’t know but I would take the gamble. In recent years, December showed that it can have two or three massive blockbusters. Could be the Jumanji to Avatar’s Star Wars.

If not December, then Labor Day weekend can work. It would be nice being the first billion dollar film to come out in September.

Sherlock Holmes held its own against the first Avatar so Christmas would be a fine release date for this as potential counterprogramming (assuming Avatar 2 doesn't get pushed back again), especially since this will be R.

Christmas needs to be for THE BATMAN. Move this to July