grim22

The Matrix Resurrections | December 22 2021 | Keanu, Lana Wachowski back

22 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

^ when you see there's a big-budget sequel about to be directed by a human being and not an algorithm

Scorching take.

A.I directs movies.

Call CNN.

And Elon Munsk.

He must be pissed.

On the surface, the idea of the people behind a classic film like this coming back after helming two disappointing sequels and a few of their own projects, bringing back cast members whose characters were supposed to be dead in the process, has all the makings of a disappointment.

But dammit I am pumped for this. 

In a year, we’ll see Harry Potter and the Cursed Child film adaptation (split into a trilogy/four parts with good writing hopefully)

Warner Bros taking notes from Disney by cashing in on nostalgia 

First $1B WW R-rated movie is on a serious note, a possibility 

the wachowskis don't seem like the type to cash in on easy nostalgia. I mean they could've gone the basic "same formula" route with the sequels but instead they decided to make MASTERPIECES. 

or maybe they're just playing it safe after one too many flops since returning to their successful ip is pretty much the only thing a major studio would let them within 1000 miles of these days. it's probably that.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

the wachowskis don't seem like the type to cash in on easy nostalgia. I mean they could've gone the basic "same formula" route with the sequels but instead they decided to make MASTERPIECES. 

Watch this be the Lion King '19 of Matrix movies... 

• Disbelief 1

Me and Neo debated this from almost a decade ago and he fully agreed with all my points why a "Matrix 4" would do gangbusters.  But I predicted to him "Matrix 4" would become the 1st Billion Dollar R-rated film in History.   And here we are.  It will happen folks.  It's already a lock.   They should convert and re-release the original Trilogy in 3D as well.   I knew WB would come around.  Looking at what they have, this make sense.  Harry Potter is probably on the way out after this 3rd "Fantastic Beast" and after that they have DCEU.  But with Disney taking over with mostly "Nostalgia" properties, WB finally woke up and realized they have a Billion Dollar Franchise on their hands.  Plus Keanu really made a strong case that you can't do a Matrix without him with that amazing performance in "John Wick 3".  Watching that felt like the Matrix all over again.  Outside of Nolan's original films, they need more heavy hitters.   I just can't wait to see this with visual effects from now.  

Image result for The Matrix 3D\

They can go with a July (Nolan's spot recently) release or May (Memorial Day).   So probably 2022 or 2023 which would be the 20th Anniversary of the Sequels "Reloaded" and "Revolutions". 

Edited by filmscholar
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, filmscholar said:

They can go with a July (Nolan's spot recently) release or May (Memorial Day).   So probably 2022 or 2023 which would be the 20th Anniversary of the Sequels "Reloaded" and "Revolutions". 

This year (20th anniversary of the first film) would’ve been a good time in the face of the entire Disney nostalgia reign 

But those years are also good, same with 2024 (25th anniversary of the franchise)

6 minutes ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

This year (20th anniversary of the first film) would’ve been a good time in the face of the entire Disney nostalgia reign 

But those years are also good, same with 2024 (25th anniversary of the franchise)

Yeah, they missed out on doing it now but "John Wick 3' really did fill that void for long-time Matrix Fans.  2024 would be too long.  If they shoot 2020 I think they can make 2022 Summer date which is the Star of the new "Star Wars" Trilogy as well.   2023 gives them about 3 years.  That's Crazy, it could very well be Star Wars/Matrix/Avatar sequels over the entire 2020's.   But I don't understand why Studios aren't understanding what Disney has.  That 70's and 80's  babies (Who are going to be the new Baby Bombers) are driving the box office.  This is why Disney is killing it with all these "Nostalgia" properties.  It's time to dust off stories and properties that people love.  They need to stop letting Disney get all this money, lol.  (I'm not hating, Disney was smart dusting off Aladdin and Lion King as well as Toy Story.  Genius move".   What's crazy is Matrix is actually more relevant now because the themes of technology and how much it controls our lives and with the way the Internet has exploded.  

• Like 1