grim22

The Matrix Resurrections | December 22 2021 | Keanu, Lana Wachowski back

12 hours ago, Morieris said:

Make it like a side story ala Rogue One and I'm there.

I'm there anyway. Don't care if the Watchowskis are back or not.

I like that idea. I loved the Animatrix shorts.

I would rather not have the Watchowski brothers back. They are past their prime.

Edited by lilmac
  • Like 2

I remember when the Matrix came out. I read a review that was thankfully spoiler free. I went into the theater curious but not sure what to expect. Hype hadn't built up yet. I was stunned when the scene froze during a mid-air kick by Trinity and then I saw her run onto the walls. I was stunned. I heard surprised noises in the audience. This was a new experience for me. Matrix has tremendous rewatchability but much of the appeal was because it was so novel.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jonwo said:

I'd be up for a new sequel, a lot has changed since The Matrix Revolutions and I think exploring what became of it would be interesting, another idea is a prequel trilogy which explores the origins of The Matrix and the rise of the machines. 

Animatrix_High.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Eric Heisserer (screenwriter of ARRIVAL) says that coming off the success of ROGUE ONE, many studios are taking a look at how to do this with their own franchises. He speculates that this is what WB is exploring with THE MATRIX, not a straight-up reboot or sequel. 

(source: Twitter)

• Like 1

Just now, TelemAAchos said:

Eric Heisserer (screenwriter of ARRIVAL) says that coming off the success of ROGUE ONE, many studios are taking a look at how to do this with their own franchises. He speculates that this is what WB is exploring with THE MATRIX, not a straight-up reboot or sequel. 

(source: Twitter)

So we're likely to see Morpheus: A Matrix File?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, lilmac said:

I remember when the Matrix came out. I read a review that was thankfully spoiler free. I went into the theater curious but not sure what to expect. Hype hadn't built up yet. I was stunned when the scene froze during a mid-air kick by Trinity and then I saw her run onto the walls. I was stunned. I heard surprised noises in the audience. This was a new experience for me. Matrix has tremendous rewatchability but much of the appeal was because it was so novel.

yeah, that's the problem with the reboot. That stuff isn't novel anymore but overused. But if they come up with something new...

I could see it being a fantastic movie if they just brought Keanu back, and built a new story around him. Throw in Donnie Yen, or another Asian martial arts master, and have them beat the tar out of waves of baddies in the Matrix, Raid-style, and I'd watch the crap out of it.

Heck, a big budget Raid 2 with a Matrix them would be the best thing ever. The idea and action behind The Matrix is still one of the coolest things ever, and would go over today better than it did in 1999.

• Like 1

Me and Neo have been speculating about this for the last 5 years.   I knew it was coming.   Matrix 4 3D about break records.   I don't know if I buy the whole "Reboot" thing, Feel like it's a smoke screen or a double meaning as it "Rebooting" the franchise not the actual original films.    This should be a passing of the torch sequel like "The Force Awakens".   Anyways as Neo and I have said it was only a matter of time and with WB seeing how big "Star Wars" and "Jurassic World" was, it's a no brainier to bring The Matrix back to a new generation.   Everyone is in for a rude awakening if the original cast returns to the pass the torch to a New Team.  

Edited by filmscholar
  • Like 1

I don't think that Zack Penn is capable of reinventing this franchise for the best (also, who says it needs to be reinvented anyway? All has been said & done with the first three films, you could even argue that both Reloaded & Revolutions were not that necessary, but overall it was all about Neo's path and it was a well-crafted story with a lot of fascinating ideas being thrown around for us to digest and dissect).

Bad idea, feels like WB is desperate right now & that they are afraid of not hitting any home runs with resurrecting yet another iconic property that used to be popular back in the day (be it Harry Potter/LOTR franchises). Sigh, anyway, I couldn't find any appropriate thread to post this little project that I did recently, so decided to share it here (unfortunately, a lot of good Matrix-related communities or forums from '03 have been wiped from existence or cached):

As a big admirer of the Wachowskis & Mr. Alfred Hitchcock's cinematic works (I am a film graduate/creative designer myself), I wanted to honor one of my favorite films of his Vertigo (1958; fantastic story & performances by Jimmy Stewart & Kim Novak along with an excellent Bernard Herrmann score), with this very special video experiment (with my own narrative choices involved, so you could play around with certain moments and segments, as opposed to being a slave to the original product with no room for invention) that I conducted recently:

We all know that the Wachowskis of the Matrix trilogy fame and so many other projects, were inspired by a rooftop chase from Vertigo during the making of the original 1999 Matrix, but...

What if you could cross both worlds together (not just visually, but also by using sound design techniques) and put John Ferguson & Madeleine along with the likes of Trinity, Neo & Morpheus, inside one single universe?))

Enjoy!

• Like 1