grim22

The Matrix Resurrections | December 22 2021 | Keanu, Lana Wachowski back

22 minutes ago, Macleod said:

They were very involved and on set on V, directed some second-unit at the very least.  So it's kinda their baby, too. 

Thye were very much hands on producers.

And, yes, Warners was incredibly generous with them but I think Warners has pretty much tired of the red ink on the Warshowski films, and pretty much told them a new Matrix film is the only thing we will give you a sizable budget for.

• Like 1

Idek how the story's going to go with how Revolutions ended but I saw The Matrix at the cinema last night for a 20th anniversary showing and it was great to see on the big screen again. It reminded me just how fantastic it is and how big of a deal it was when it was first released, so I'm hyped. Makes me want to rewatch the sequels as well now even though they were hit or miss (Agent Smith fight = no, Chateau fight leading into freeway fight = something I've watched a million times) just because I'm on that sweet Matrix high.

• Like 1