grim22

The Matrix Resurrections | December 22 2021 | Keanu, Lana Wachowski back

That s the thing people don't understand.

It is 100 times harder to to do a Matrix than to do a Parasite.

Doesn't mean doing a Parasite is easy either.

Creating a fantasy/sci-fi/genre world that works in a movie form in just 2 hours(!!!) is 100 times harder than creating a movie set into the utter banality of our world.

Just look at the sisters coming back to the beautiful and safe house they built.

Trust me, they know this by now.

Meanwhile James Mangold, Greta Gerwing, Todd Phillips, Martin Scorcese and QT are praised for Xerox-ing a time period or the banality of our world.

Go figure.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Huh, didn't know WB already announced this was moving to a later date in 2021.

If they're restarting production so soon, maybe July 2021? It's all closed set stuff, so idk how optimistic they're being.

They didn't "announce" anything, Variety just says here that currently it's undated for Warner Bros., but scheduled for 2021.  We'll see.  Also the headline and what's actually written in their article don't really coalesce.  Is the headline talking about the 8-week contract "hold" for the cast to cover the COVID-19 delay, or 8 additional weeks of photography...or both?  I guess it's likely they'll need 8 additional weeks, anyway...but it's just not clearly worded. 

54 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

This is pretty much moving. I wonder where this moves to.

Space Jam 2’s date. Space Jam moves to Beasts 3’s slot. Coincidentally, that Nov 12 date is near identical to the first Space Jam’s release date 25 years ago

• Like 1

Just now, Eric Atreides said:

Space Jam 2’s date. Space Jam moves to Beasts 3’s slot. Coincidentally, that Nov 12 date is near identical to the first Space Jam’s release date 25 years ago

Moving to Space Jam 2's date is what I thought too but Im thinking Space Jam 2 moves to Sesame Street's old spot, June 4th. Really only has to compete with a Pixar film 2 weeks after (JW 3 isn't really direct competition and is probably moving to Summer 2022 either way).

17 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

This would be an easy billie with any other date. Releasing it a week after Avatar 2, on the other hand, is suicide.

I don’t know but I would take the gamble. In recent years, December showed that it can have two or three massive blockbusters. Could be the Jumanji to Avatar’s Star Wars.

If not December, then Labor Day weekend can work. It would be nice being the first billion dollar film to come out in September.