grim22

The Matrix Resurrections | December 22 2021 | Keanu, Lana Wachowski back

45 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Even if everything comes together as fast as it possibly can, the earliest this can come out would be 2019 - 20 years since the original.

Wouldn't that sitll be way too freaking early for a damn remake?

A sequel? Sure, but remake, when the cat is still alive and well? Eh, I hope not.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

A sequel? Sure, but remake, when the cat is still alive and well? Eh, I hope not.

Its apparently not a remake, more like The Force Awakens. Everything still happened, now for the rest of the story.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

They did it for Spider-Man. Twice in a decade.

This is a key franchise for WB, I expect them to handle this pretty well tbh

The concept of rebooting and remaking is inherent to the Matrix. The thing is without Wachowskis supervising this anymore you got to find a strong visualist with wacky iconoclast tendancies to elevate the material or else it will be one boring "cyber-techno-thriller" like Brett Leonard churned out.

And by strong visualist, I mean no Zach Snyder...

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, dashrendar44 said:

The concept of rebooting and remaking is inherent to the Matrix. The thing is without Wachowskis supervising this anymore you got to find a strong visualist with wacky iconoclast tendancies to elevate the material or else it will one boring "cyber-techno-thriller" like Brett Leonard churned out.

And by strong visualist, I mean no Zach Snyder...

Pre-DC Snyder actually had a pretty similar visual style to the Wachowskis (and some of that did show up a bit in BvS). But he completely fumbles any attempt to wax philosophical in his movies. Matrix needs someone who can deliver weird ideas in a confident and engaging manner.

Not interested. Maybe a fourth entry in the original series would do, and I could see that opening to 100M+ with or without good reviews, but fuck off w/reboots and remakes already. Keanu proved that he can still go w/the Wick movies, just do a soft reboot by ignoring that the last two movies ever happened (like what Jurassic World did).

If this is a remake then you can just go fuck right off, WB.

I would be potentially interested in a continuation introducing some new characters but I do believe you just can't have The Matrix without the Wachowskis. Nobody else can do them.

I'd be up for a new sequel, a lot has changed since The Matrix Revolutions and I think exploring what became of it would be interesting, another idea is a prequel trilogy which explores the origins of The Matrix and the rise of the machines. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I'd be up for a new sequel, a lot has changed since The Matrix Revolutions and I think exploring what became of it would be interesting, another idea is a prequel trilogy which explores the origins of The Matrix and the rise of the machines. 

http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/vader.jpg

• Like 1