grim22

The Matrix Resurrections | December 22 2021 | Keanu, Lana Wachowski back

On 1/8/2021 at 10:32 PM, WittyUsername said:

Wasn’t it already established that they didn’t talk to anyone about this outside of the crew behind WW84?

Funny considering that was the one that was going to disappoint now we look back

Edited by Chicago

3 hours ago, Chicago said:

I would never have thought one of the kids in The Matrix would go on to become what appears to be an interesting director. I forgot his name but he did 'The Invisible man' and 'Upgrade'

Leigh Wannell. 

On 1/30/2021 at 12:40 PM, Firepower said:

Matrix Resurrections

N1RUmSx.png

Matrix

Matrix: Reloaded

Matrix: Revolutions

Matrix: Resurrections

I like it, I was hoping they'd keep the "R" subtitle.  The only thing is if it's true, "Alien 4" had a similar title but I like that it's plural which signals a lot of people coming back alive again.  

Alien Resurrection poster.jpg

• Like 2

Any ideas when the trailer should be dropping? I feel like we should have had at least a teaser or something by now. I'm really interested to see where this thing goes.

The Wachowskis are often mocked these days online thanks to numerous misfires but you definitely can't say they aren't some of the most interesting and creative people working in the industry right now, which we desperately need more of. Though I do understand only Lana is returning on this one?

Either way, I'm hyped- albeit, cautiously. Stuff like Cloud Atlas, Jupiter Ascending, and Sense 8 had some of the most inventive and imaginative ideas behind them. They all might not have worked out (one of those failing spectacularly) but The Matrix is still one of the best and one of my favorite movies ever. Really hope there is enough magic left for one more go around. 

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Mango said:

Any ideas when the trailer should be dropping? I feel like we should have had at least a teaser or something by now. I'm really interested to see where this thing goes.

The Wachowskis are often mocked these days online thanks to numerous misfires but you definitely can't say they aren't some of the most interesting and creative people working in the industry right now, which we desperately need more of. Though I do understand only Lana is returning on this one?

Either way, I'm hyped- albeit, cautiously. Stuff like Cloud Atlas, Jupiter Ascending, and Sense 8 had some of the most inventive and imaginative ideas behind them. They all might not have worked out (one of those failing spectacularly) but The Matrix is still one of the best and one of my favorite movies ever. Really hope there is enough magic left for one more go around. 

Well said. As for when the trailer might drop, there's two time periods:

1. The Unlikely Scenario: We get a teaser some time in June, July or August.

2. The Likely Scenario: We get a trailer in September or October, but get sneak peaks and a first look to tide us over in the summer. 

14 hours ago, Mango said:

We didn’t get a trailer for Godzilla vs. Kong until two months before it was released, so I don’t think the current lack of a trailer for this is that surprising. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

We didn’t get a trailer for Godzilla vs. Kong until two months before it was released, so I don’t think the current lack of a trailer for this is that surprising. 

I figured that had more to do with the internal controversy of not knowing whether or not it would go to HBO Max or Netflix or SegaNet or whatever streaming service wanted it but I guess after last year Hollywood probably learned not to make long term marketing commitments in these times. 

• Like 1

I know covid has been a distraction and a trailer hasn't even dropped yet but I find the seeming lack of general interest in this odd. If you told me a few years ago this was being released I'd have thought curiosity would be through the roof. I guess superheroes really are the only game in town now.

1 minute ago, Hatebox said:

I know covid has been a distraction and a trailer hasn't even dropped yet but I find the seeming lack of general interest in this odd. If you told me a few years ago this was being released I'd have thought curiosity would be through the roof. I guess superheroes really are the only game in town now.

I suspect that we'll see the marketing ramp up after The Suicide Squad releases.