grim22

The Matrix Resurrections | December 22 2021 | Keanu, Lana Wachowski back

4 minutes ago, iHeartJames said:

I understand they're trans now but i'm struggling to see how the movie itself was a trans movie unless they're saying they wanted to do that before but understood the world wouldn't be ready for it

He lived a sheltered life questioning his own existence and chose to literally transform his body rather than conform to a fake society. I see some relevance, though I doubt it was a major theme running through the plot as Reeves himself said it was never mentioned to him. It's just when you look back in hindisght it makes sense that a trans person blended their thoughts and experiences into the film

43 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Lana (and Lily) probably have this questions inside them way before they even noticed, so i'm sure flashes of this theme ended up in all their movies even if not-intentional.

But this narrative that the movie was always planned to be this way sounds like Kevin Feige pretending he plan the whole MCU 20 years ago.

4 minutes ago, excel1 said:

5 days after Spider-man is questionable at this point. Better hurry up and release something before its buzz is completely overwhelmed. 

December 3 would be great for this movie. The only competition would be Nightmare Alley which i doubt will be a box office hit.

It would open nice and have good legs for the entire month, even with West Side Story and NWH coming after since we know December can have 3 big movies.

This one remains the only WB movie this year they can changed it even if they already paid everyone because there's time to do it.

They can delay to early 2022 and enter thew 45 days window;

They can keep the date but take HBO Max out of the release;

They can put it out earlier to avoid competition.

Let's see how things go, but my bet is that it will be exactly like it is now. But i want a trailer at least, we're 4 months away the release, this marketing campaign must start.

1 minute ago, SpiderByte said:

They could delay till next year.

They can, but they will also face big competition in a worse timing. I don't know if a January - February opening would be better than December.

December at least allowed many movies doing good. And they can put it theatrical exclusive in December if they want too, HBO Max always said some movies can be changed when they announced the 2021 slate.