grim22

The Matrix Resurrections | December 22 2021 | Keanu, Lana Wachowski back

17 minutes ago, TheDude391 said:

I wouldn't want this any other way tbh.

Reupping this comment

On 7/8/2021 at 11:26 AM, Porthos said:

New Nightmare was also "hurt" by being part of an established franchise, with all of the plusses and minuses that comes with the territory.  

From what I vaguely recall, originally some horror fans were hyped that Wes Craven was coming back and he would "fix" give the ailing franchise a shot in the arm.  

What they got... wasn't what they expected.  I don't recall how much it was known beforehand that the film would be more meta than not (I seem to recall it was known), but I tend to think that put some people off.  I also think some folks, maybe even a majority of the people making the loudest noises, would have been fine/looking forward to a film that was a direct sequel to the first and ignored what they didn't like that came afterwards some of the other films in the franchise. A reboot sequel as it were, in the vein of the latest Halloween films.

This is all from an outsider's perspective, as horror ain't my bag in the slightest.  Also vague recollections almost 30 years on.

• Like 1