grim22

The Matrix Resurrections | December 22 2021 | Keanu, Lana Wachowski back

Wow that's a fun gimmick. I definitely feel for the actors that had to record dialogue for every single minute of the day. 

I can't believe WB is gonna waste the return of The Matrix on an HBO Hybrid release after Shang Chi just set a Labor Day weekend record. Just push this to either Valentines Day or Presidents Day weekend and have it be theatrical only WB, you stubborn fucks!

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Mango said:

Wow that's a fun gimmick. I definitely feel for the actors that had to record dialogue for every single minute of the day. 

I can't believe WB is gonna waste the return of The Matrix on an HBO Hybrid release after Shang Chi just set a Labor Day weekend record. Just push this to either Valentines Day or Presidents Day weekend and have it be theatrical only WB, you stubborn fucks!

I wonder if they just text-to-speech'd it.

4 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Wb is so fucking stupid. When would this even release internationally? They cannot be thinking of releasing this on the same day as the us date.

It’s a week after Spider-Man but I’d imagine they’re banking on Christmas supporting multiple films like how Aquaman, Spider-Verse and Bumblebee all managed to coexist in 2018. The DOA one this year will likely be Kingsman though, that doesn’t seem to have any hype at all.

This sounds very interesting to me though based on what ViewerAnon is saying, the laziest thing they could’ve done is a straightforward fourth film so I’m glad they’re getting weird with it.

I hope they keep advertising it in a fun way too. The time thing in the website trailer is really clever and should get people talking.

4 minutes ago, SnokesLegs said:

It’s a week after Spider-Man but I’d imagine they’re banking on Christmas supporting multiple films like how Aquaman, Spider-Verse and Bumblebee all managed to coexist in 2018. The DOA one this year will likely be Kingsman though, that doesn’t seem to have any hype at all.

The problem is HBO Max so there is less incentive for people to go to the cinemas to watch this, espescially when another major blockbuster is releasing at the same time.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

The problem is HBO Max so there is less incentive for people to go to the cinemas to watch this, espescially when another major blockbuster is releasing at the same time.

Ah yeah, fair point. Let’s just hope that it’s a really good standalone sequel that doesn’t set up other sequels. I can’t really see Lana Wachowski, Keanu and Carrie-Ann Moss signing up for more than one really.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lorddemaxus said:

Wb is so fucking stupid. When would this even release internationally? They cannot be thinking of releasing this on the same day as the us date.

It is set on December 16 here.

• Like 1

This might be what Terminator 2 was to Terminator. The same kind of story with some reversed plots. Neo seems like the new Morpheus and maybe even a evil Neo?

It's a better idea than going to the "Terminator Salvation" again like they did with the first two sequels. 

Edited by vale900