grim22

The Matrix Resurrections | December 22 2021 | Keanu, Lana Wachowski back

I did a thread over 7 years ago called "Will there every be a 1 Billion Dollar R Rated Film".   The entire thread I speculated only a "Matrix 4 in 3D" could do it.   Well seeing as "Deadpool" 1 and 2 and "It" did mega bucks as R-rated films but they didn't break a Billion.   My theory still stands.  "Matrix 4" will be the first R-Rated Billion Dollar Film.  Now I read news that the Wachowskis may be involved though nothing is confirmed.   But In the words of Agent Smith....."It's Inevitable".  This was a fake poster back in the day that had a 7/17/2020 release date, lol.  

Image result for the matrix 3D poster

Edited by filmscholar

I am one of those who think the first Matrix film was the only really good one,and just about every mistake that could be made was made with the sequels, so I am a big advocate of "Forget the two sequels ever happened".

The Third sequel was a huge wtf to me: huge mistake to have so much of it take place outside The Matrix and turn it into just another post apoc action film, which, even when it came out, was already a pretty tired genre.

• Like 2

On 5/11/2019 at 5:08 AM, filmscholar said:

I did a thread over 7 years ago called "Will there every be a 1 Billion Dollar R Rated Film".   The entire thread I speculated only a "Matrix 4 in 3D" could do it.   Well seeing as "Deadpool" 1 and 2 and "It" did mega bucks as R-rated films but they didn't break a Billion.   My theory still stands.  "Matrix 4" will be the first R-Rated Billion Dollar Film.  Now I read news that the Wachowskis may be involved though nothing is confirmed.   But In the words of Agent Smith....."It's Inevitable".  This was a fake poster back in the day that had a 7/17/2020 release date, lol.  

Image result for the matrix 3D poster

It was probably moved in bulk to the archives. I moved about 69 pages a few months ago. I’ll move it to the Speakeasy. 

@filmscholar

Doug Liman could be a great choice to direct.
Rian Johnson has done Looper (R Sci-Fi) and SW8 (handled a huge property).

Chad Stahelski of the 3 John Wicks (R) sounds very exciting. 

The Wachovskis were never really interested in the first film of the trilogy.

Basic superhero dudebro journey.

Their interest lied in the ideological destruction of the first film and everything it stood for.

7 hours ago, The Futurist said:

Their interest lied in the ideological destruction of the first film and everything it stood for.

You are giving them way to much credit,IMHO.

In fact, one of the things I really dislike about the Warchoseki is the way they pander to intellectual wannabes..those who want to be seen as being deep, philisphical thinkers, but don't want to do the hard work it requires to actually be knowledgable about philosophy.

I could argue that "Bound" remains the Warchowski's best movie.

7 hours ago, Firepower said:

It won't be a hit without old cast. If they end up making reboot with MBJ, good luck to WB with all those dislikes and massive hate waves.

As much as I disliked the sequels, I am also skeptical of the non involment of the Warchowskis. Without them it becomes just another sci fi action movies.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The Futurist said:

The blockbuster filmmaker love their movies like babies, who are you to judge, etc... glove seem off, specially about a project that they wrote, designed, took movies to prove their worth to achieve to make all that without interest in it, but in sequels they were not sure would happen,

The parallel universe in which Will Smith make The Matrix instead of Wild Wide West and Django Unchained instead of After Earth, could be quite the different one.

On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 11:05 AM, kitik said:

Sense8 was amazing, but that was ...... years ago

it's going to be along time before they get another big budget film mounted...given their last 3 big  budget films all bombed badly. I really liked  Cloud Atlas a lot, but it lost a hell of a lot of money.

Ironically enough, a new Matrix film is just about the only big budget project they could probably get greelighted,and they seem to want nothing to do with this one.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

any new version of this is probably gonna retcon the shit out of a bunch of ideas from the sequels (which, if you're confused on this, are great) so it's not for coolio.

I am just the opposite..ithe more the retcon the sequels the better.