grim22

The Matrix Resurrections | December 22 2021 | Keanu, Lana Wachowski back

1 minute ago, wildphantom said:

Some of the criticisms of the trailer that I’m reading online (not so much on here) tell me that there’s so many out there that actually didn’t understand the sequels, and the overall story. That’s a worry to me. 

I’m talking to people that genuinely think the battle was won at the end of Revolutions. Lol. 

nothing changed! They defeated the virus to save the matrix, but the system of control remained in place. 

how are people complaining about seeing familiar scenes in the teaser. Did they not see Reloaded and understand the twist? Fml. 

It did change though. Weren't they free to leave the Matrix after the end of Revolutions? 

7 minutes ago, Menor said:

It did change though. Weren't they free to leave the Matrix after the end of Revolutions? 

there was a conversation that said if they wake up from it then they’ll be allowed - but 99% of people accept the Matrix anyway.  Besides, we definitely can’t trust the architect would actually follow through with what he said. The machines need the matrix to exist. 

Edited by wildphantom

Looks great and is already getting mega shares and buzz.

My only complaint is that they need to do a reveal of Keanu with his short hair and no beard look like how they kicked the Rocky music in during Creed. Long hair Keanu is getting lame.

“Matrix” is trending #1 here in the UK. 

And not the made up subject trends or a hashtag, just a genuine #1. 

So are Laurence Fishburne, Revolutions, White Rabbit and Mr Anderson. 

Can’t buy nostalgia. Hopefully the next trailer is better. 

Edited by Krissykins
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

wow. this is way worse than I expected. IDK how much nostalgia can it have saving it. Looks complete dud to me.

Is Hugo Weaving in it?

Was asked back and I think partly due to pandemic circumstances, unable to make it work

It looks very much like a remake but I'm very curious what surprises they have in store.

This is the only movie of 2021 I might go to the theaters to see. Nothing beats watching The Matrix opening weekend in 1999.

Though Matrix Reloaded was one of my worst theater experience. A group of annoying people behind me were giving dumb and loud commentary during every other scene (and the movie was disappointing too).

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Looks great and is already getting mega shares and buzz.

My only complaint is that they need to do a reveal of Keanu with his short hair and no beard look like how they kicked the Rocky music in during Creed. Long hair Keanu is getting lame.

what-did-you-say-ron-burgundy.gif

If anything the long hair is more suited to Neo given the Jesus like undertones 

6 minutes ago, Chicago said:

This looks more like a light hearted spin off than a big event Matrix sequel. Kudos for doing something different but I don't see a big gross here

HBO Max is an issue also. I think this has more recognition than say Dune, and nostalgia as well, but this is more uphill than I think people expect. The Wachowski name is not the draw it used to be.

• Disbelief 1