The Matrix Resurrections | December 22 2021 | Keanu, Lana Wachowski back

47 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Maybe kids will recognize it's KRISTOFF from Frozen

OR KING GEORGE III from Hamilton

EXCUSE YOU THAT IS JESSE ST JAMES

Spoiler

Or better yet, excuse you that is Sutton Foster fan #1:

6 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Finally Studios are stoping spoiling the whole thing in trailers.

thhhhhiiis Is Interesting. Cause I was just about To say I felt like I watched the whole movie. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, john2000 said:

i am not talking the likes/dislikes ration...what i am saying is that for the views this is getting it seems to me that the likes are way lower than should be normally

Likes are probably very split between channels.

Right now ir have 315k on WB, 50k on HBO, 100k on IGN.  It could very well finish with +1M likes on first day, but split between these 3 biggest channels.

WB buzziest titles almost always have this ""problem""

• Like 1

First the "Red Pill" and "Blue Pill" teaser was done brilliantly and they even used the old 90's website from back in the day.  It was like an interactive trailer.  To the point it freaked me out when the actors said the same time that was on my computer, lol.   The Trailer was good and this feels like a true continuation of the Franchise.   Remember this is another Version of the Matrix not the same one from before.    As for Neo looking like John Wick, lol.  Well I always felt John Wick was a training simulation from the Matrix so, lol.   We know he was working on both around the same time.   Plus he's Thomas Anderson again, it's not like he can't grow a beard.  In the Matrix you can look like anything.  I actually think this is going to do pretty good overseas and domestically even with HBO Max in the picture.   Pre-Pandemic, I had this at 1 Billion Worldwide honestly.   

YARN | Mr. Anderson, welcome back. | The Matrix Revolutions (2003) | Video  gifs by quotes | 4605df37 | 紗

Edited by filmscholar
  • Like 1

Got to admit... I am really surprised there isn't more discussion on this thread about the last line of the trailer. 

Like... folks.... Re-watch that and consider the implications. 

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

What Lana is doing here is great. Doing allusions and callbacks to the original movies in ways that could easily be used as nostalgia-bait in the marketing for audiences to eat up, but using them in interesting ways in the actual movie so that it feels more like a subversion of the TFA formula instead of a shit imitation (like the new Ghostbusters).

Also, this is gonna clearly be about Neo trying to fight for his love for Trinity right (a line in the trailer made it feel like it and the vieweranon comment seems to confirm it)? This shit is gonna be the most romantic one of these blockbuster movie have been in a while, while also have the best and most inventive action.