grim22

The Matrix Resurrections | December 22 2021 | Keanu, Lana Wachowski back

1 minute ago, Menor said:

Yes, they have the potential to be used well, but currently are used for pretty stupid things.

Every tech starts that way. If you look at most early stage internet companies they amounted to nothing. Over a period of time wheat is separated from chaff and we see the true potential. I would not ignore the tech side. Explore online what is it all about without any preconceived bias. Only thing is dont look for moonshots. Its heavily frothy at this point. 

• Like 1

The only NFTs I'm interested in are Nice Fucking Titties

Spoiler

Seriously though, NFTs are useless. The supporting artists part is done better by direct commissions, and the rest are solutions to a problem that doesn't exist. And that's not even touching on the environmental impact

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

marketing for this has been underwhelming , how did Dune get a bigger push ?

Probably Legendary kicking Warners' doors every day to make sure they did, as they funded 75% of it.  And it's no secret that Legendary made it quite well-known to Warners that they weren't happy with including DUNE in the HBOMax 2021 plan:

https://deadline.com/2020/12/warnermedia-legendary-challenge-dune-godzilla-vs-kong-streamer-battles-looming-1234651283/

Village Roadshow's long-partnership in co-funding with Warners seems less antagonistic; they co-funded all the MATRIXs.  And I think a lot of the rest of Warners' pics for this year have laid low on marketing...partially because they knew they had a weaker slater overall.  But I'm sure there'll be a MATRIX blast over the next month.  

I still see this as going either way: A big hit or another failed attempt to revive a frachise which has been in a coma.

I do hope the Warchowskis get that they cant just load the film with bullet time slo mo action scenes and have a hit; everybody uses that nowdays.