grim22

The Matrix Resurrections | December 22 2021 | Keanu, Lana Wachowski back

Matrix is the type of Franchise that can have multiple Trilogies.  It's a very vast universe.   I've always felt WB is leaving money on the table.  It's been 16 years since the sequels, 20 years since the original.   The franchise has had time to breathe.  Visual effects are even better today.  The Movie was 3D without even being 3D.    While Avatar and Star Wars take over Christmas.  Matrix needs to join the comeback party.     I think they can do a sequel ala "Awakens" with OG Characters with new young Matrix Characters.   As for a prequel, I felt "Animatrix" did an amazing job filling the blanks before Matrix 1.    Look Keanu is still kicking butt and Lawrence is always the man.  I think a straight up sequel can work.  Set it 10 years after "Revolutions" and have the Machines break the Peace Deal.  

On 5/10/2019 at 10:58 AM, kitik said:

speaking of, what have the Wachowskis been doing lately?

After Sense8, I think they announced that they were closing down their production company and not actively doing any new work.

However, Deadline reported back in January that Lilly is working on a drama series called Work in progress: https://deadline.com/2019/01/sundance-film-festival-lilly-wachowski-boards-indie-episodic-work-in-progress-sundance-1202540554/

No word if Lana is working on anything. She did direct the second season of Sense8 solo, however, without Lilly. If it gets picked up again for a third season, I suppose she'd take the lead there.

I don't get the hype for Michael B

Jordan.In my opinion, he is a very meh actor.If you want a person of color  for the sake of diversity there are far better choices out there.Winston Duke for example.Or even better...Ruth Negga.I would watch the shit out of this Matrix.

Edited by TheDarkKnightOfSteel

6 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

broke:

woke:

jupiter ascending is their only bad movie.

I don't understand all the weird Speed Racer love that's grown in the last 11 years. Like, I can understand people liking Matrix 2/3 and Cloud Atlas, but Speed Racer's affection befuddles me.

9 minutes ago, TMP said:

I don't understand all the weird Speed Racer love that's grown in the last 11 years. Like, I can understand people liking Matrix 2/3 and Cloud Atlas, but Speed Racer's affection befuddles me.

it hasn't grown for me i've stanned since opening weekend and everyone else has taken a decade to catch up!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Astonished 1

6 hours ago, TMP said:

I don't understand all the weird Speed Racer love that's grown in the last 11 years.

It's probably their most visually impressive film after The Matrix and also doesn't fall into the pretentious pitfalls that their other post-Matrix films did. It's also their most emotional film and almost Spielbergian at times.

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1