grim22

The Matrix Resurrections | December 22 2021 | Keanu, Lana Wachowski back

When the trailer played in front of Afterlife my wife was like,  “wait, is this another Matrix movie?”  Then when Neo and Trinity were in the same scene she goes “didn’t she die in the last one?”   

After it was done she commented…” I don’t know. I can’t see it being as good as the first one.” Lol

I’ll see if I can convince her to go see it. 

MATRIX RELOADED had one of the all-time great marketing campaigns back in 2003. In the 2000s, the only ones comparable would be Pearl Harbor, Spider-man, Transformers and The Dark Knight. All of those concepts opened at the tip-top of their potential thanks to their marketing campaigns. Reloaded, with the endless slow-mo money shots and green code against the black screen, Neo flying, Trinity dodging semi trucks on a motorcycle and Morpheus hurdling those beautiful Escalades? 

I think it got my expectations a bit too high for this film. I was expecting both a more marketable film and better campaign overall. 

Edited by excel1
  • Like 2

Cloud Atlas is one of the greatest big-budget movies of all time...a hugely ambitious and emotionally powerful film. 

None of the Matrix films come even remotely close to it in quality. It should have been Cloud Atlas that became such a worldwide phenomenon.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Noctis said:

Cloud Atlas is one of the greatest big-budget movies of all time...a hugely ambitious and emotionally powerful film. 

None of the Matrix films come even remotely close to it in quality. It should have been Cloud Atlas that became such a worldwide phenomenon.

I like Halle Berry but just never got round to seeing Cloud Atlas. I think initial word of mouth was poor. Need to give it a go. 

On 11/28/2021 at 3:04 PM, Krissykins said:

I like Halle Berry but just never got round to seeing Cloud Atlas. I think initial word of mouth was poor. Need to give it a go. 

I think it was polarizing. But it's become a cult classic.

2 minutes ago, Goffe said:

Honestly, this doesn’t feel like a real movie made by real filmmakers at all. Strong fanfic vibes from this one. Feels like they adapted a story written for a matrixredpill.net forum (or whatever how it was called) instead.

All Matrix sequels, prequels, and tie-ins feel like fanfiction. 

This is being completely overshadowed by Spider-Man and they know it since it's looking like it won't even be getting that many IMAX/PLF screens with how Sony is booking the majority of them up for the holidays. Guess they'll just settle for however it does on HBO Max since this is the last day-and-date title.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1

On 11/28/2021 at 6:12 AM, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

This trailer is the new Eternals, Jackass in that it’s attached to almost every movie I’ve seen the last 2 months. It’s a cool trailer at least 

When are tickets on sale 

Lucky, I haven’t gotten it yet.