grim22

The Matrix Resurrections | December 22 2021 | Keanu, Lana Wachowski back

12 hours ago, grim22 said:

Because it won't do a Billion. Like next to no chance of it doing a billion.

It won't be as divisive as Reloaded and Revolutions but it's not going to be the "Force Awakens member-berries" either.

I wouldn't be sure of that. I know someone who worked on the CGI and said they couldn't decide if they loved or hated the film. Which admittedly made me a lot more interested.

12 hours ago, Last Man Standing said:

As of 6k votes Resurrections is third with 12% (Don't Look Up has 24%)...probably doesn't mean much, but it's not great coupled with the general lack of hype I'm seeing on twitter. If the movie doesn't have good reviews it could easily disappoint.

Netflix should release don’t look up in theaters for that sweet sweet 300M DOM

5 hours ago, Hatebox said:

I wouldn't be sure of that. I know someone who worked on the CGI and said they couldn't decide if they loved or hated the film. Which admittedly made me a lot more interested.

I watched the movie in June or thereabouts. I can see why your friend's reaction would be like that for sure, but it won't be a movie where the audience watching it hates it with a passion like Reloaded or the shrug of Revolutions. There's definitely enough in it to be interesting and discussed at the very least.

Trailers views for this are massive when it dropped, it was very well received too.

The problem is not lack of interest in the franchise, the problem is the successives mistakes from WB. You can count them, from insist on day and date release, to dropping a huge trailer only to do nothing more for nearly 3 months and now with only 20 days left for release the marketing is still low / bad / unfocused, and of course releasing 5 days after the possible second most hyped movie of the century.

Now tell me what kind of movie would succeed facing this conditions? 

• Like 2

i finally saw the trailer a couple weeks ago before Eternals i had been avoiding it previously. it looks... ok. the visuals were lacking tbh. i know this basically only got made because lana probably can't get a single other thing greenlit on her flop streak right now but i hope she's got something interesting up her sleeve at least.

1 hour ago, ThomasNicole said:

Trailers views for this are massive when it dropped, it was very well received too.

The problem is not lack of interest in the franchise, the problem is the successives mistakes from WB. You can count them, from insist on day and date release, to dropping a huge trailer only to do nothing more for nearly 3 months and now with only 20 days left for release the marketing is still low / bad / unfocused, and of course releasing 5 days after the possible second most hyped movie of the century.

Now tell me what kind of movie would succeed facing this conditions? 

It is kind of baffling just how much they seem to have taken the gas off the pedal after the ingenious way they teased the original trailer with the version that told you the time as you were watching it. Since then it might as well have been radio silence.

Although the trailer has been in front of every film I’ve seen since the trailer actually dropped though, so in-cinema awareness must be decent.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CoolioD1 said:

i finally saw the trailer a couple weeks ago before Eternals i had been avoiding it previously. it looks... ok. the visuals were lacking tbh. i know this basically only got made because lana probably can't get a single other thing greenlit on her flop streak right now but i hope she's got something interesting up her sleeve at least.

Slight, very slight, spoiler

the movie actually includes the reason it was made. There's an entire conversation which basically tells us why this movie was made

• Like 2

1 hour ago, excel1 said:

I am shocked at how pedestrian the footage look from a marketing perspective in comparison to the money shots extravaganza that was the original trilogy. 

it all just looks... off, like every other VFX heavy movie these days without a distinctive voice with reference after reference to the first movie because REMEMBER THAT?!

i don't know, maybe I'm cynical man with a heart of coal

Just now, Blankments said:

Earlier this week I posted in the tracking thread that this was not getting many PLF in Chicago, but I now see that it's splitting IMAX with NWH by me... that said, I'll be going downtown opening night for Dolby

Do you like meta movies though.

53 minutes ago, SnokesLegs said:

Although the trailer has been in front of every film I’ve seen since the trailer actually dropped though, so in-cinema awareness must be decent.

yes for me too, in spain. at least i got before soho and resident evil but not like those movies didnt flop completely lol