grim22

The Matrix Resurrections | December 22 2021 | Keanu, Lana Wachowski back

Run MBJ run! 

Who the hell thinks this is a good idea? remake won't wow the crowd like the original. Bullet time and wife-fu are now old news. 

best they can hope is to set if in time after Revolutions with completely new characters, new threat, etc. if they want to go with it. 

19 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

God forbid you give them a chance to give you something unique!

If someone got a fairdeal to make unique stuff from WB/Hollywood/(Germany-Tom Hanks) is the The Wachowskis.  Fair in the sense they got multiple shot at giant budget, not common on the big screen affair that failed but they made them so much Matrix money that everybody is probably happy with it.

3 minutes ago, Captain Craig said:

I love V for Vendetta(2005), rewatch that about once a year. As a comic fan I don't get the vitriol by some of my comic brethren on the film....not.one.bit.

They produced it, they didn't direct it

• Like 1

On 6/25/2019 at 8:22 PM, stealthyfrog said:

With all the Keanu hype recently between Cyberpunk 2077 and JW3, bringing him back for a Matrix revival in some way would be pretty smart.

...and expensive.

That may be the reason why Will Smith is not in all those sequels from the movies he made long time ago (Men In Black, Independence Day)

Edited by meriodejaneiro

On 6/25/2019 at 2:24 PM, Barnack said:

If someone got a fairdeal to make unique stuff from WB/Hollywood/(Germany-Tom Hanks) is the The Wachowskis.  Fair in the sense they got multiple shot at giant budget, not common on the big screen affair that failed but they made them so much Matrix money that everybody is probably happy with it.

Isn't that the same for the likes of Eastwood and Nolan, once you make boatloads of money from a few movies, a studio is more likely to forgive your failures. 

I personally think  it'd been better to have the Wachowskis in a producer capacity and have someone new to direct the new film. 

2 minutes ago, Eric! said:

Already a thread...kinda

Weird Larry Fishburne wasn't included in the press release too (yeah I know, he'll probably be back too)

I was gonna update.... but this sounds like a whole new project, no?