sfran43

Weekend Thread: Estimates - Angel Has Fallen $21.25M | Good Boys $11.75M | Overcomer $8.20M | The Lion King $8.15M | H&S $8.14M - & $101.8M in China

4 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

That’s higher than not only Focus Features’ release of previous Butler pics in the series, 2016’s London Has Fallen ($850K, $7.5M Friday, $21.6M opening) and Open Road’s 2013’s Olympus Has Fallen ($550K, $10M Friday, $30.3M), but it’s also on higher cloud than the actor’s January 2018 action pic Den of Thieves which drew $950K in its Thursday previews before ringing up a $5.6M Friday, $15.2M opening.

15 ow is safe while 20 possible? prod budget apparently is 80m

• Like 4

I get the feeling this will be the last unless it's makes more money than London has Fallen.

Weird that the series is on its third distributor with Lionsgate, must be one of the few franchises which has a different distributor for each film.

That's a relatively good number. It's such a cliche-ridden movie, but it's not aggressively bad. Most of the action is badly shot, though, more so than the previous two. But overall a forgettable, non-offensive movie and the weekend box office will be in line with that.

Oh, if anyone in the Vancouver area can help with a suggestion, I would appreciate it.

I'm not normally a horror fan, but my usual movie companions are even less interested in the genre, so I have no one to watch IT 2 with. As such, I was thinking of checking it out alone, but since I'll be in Vancouver on the 13th, was gonna save it till then. Can anyone suggest the best cinema? Big screen, comfortable seats, etc... I'll be staying by Canada Place.

11 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

Oh, if anyone in the Vancouver area can help with a suggestion, I would appreciate it.

When I lived there we always went to Scotiabank Theater off Burrard

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, a2k said:

15 ow is safe while 20 possible? prod budget apparently is 80m

The overseas rights for Angel has Fallen has already been presold so Lionsgate has made the budget back already. They only have to focus on UK and US distribution so they'll still break even or even make a small profit

27 minutes ago, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

Who cares about these flops. Taylor Swift just dropped the best Pop album of the decade, and it's receiving Universal Acclaiming at Metacritic, currently at 80.

Have a nice and blessed weekend.

Yeah but did Anthony Fantano like it?

1 hour ago, reddevil19 said:

I'm not normally a horror fan, but my usual movie companions are even less interested in the genre, so I have no one to watch IT 2 with. As such, I was thinking of checking it out alone, but since I'll be in Vancouver on the 13th, was gonna save it till then. Can anyone suggest the best cinema? Big screen, comfortable seats, etc... I'll be staying by Canada Place.

Scotiabank would be my go-to, but I hear 5th Avenue Cinemas is pretty cool also. It’s a 19+ theatre so you can buy drinks and you won’t have parents bringing their 8 year olds to a horror movie lol

1 hour ago, captainwondyful said:

When I lived there we always went to Scotiabank Theater off Burrard

Ayyy you lived in Vancouver as well? I had no idea!

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Ayyy you lived in Vancouver as well? I had no idea!

I am a vagabond.  I've lived in Portland, Boston, New York City, Vancouver, Los Angeles, and now back to Portland.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

I am a vagabond.  I've lived in Portland, Boston, New York City, Vancouver, Los Angeles, and now back to Portland.

In my childhood:

visited 18 schools, before school started it were only 3 or 4 places, but not for the same reasons (her hiding child abuse...)

• Like 1