sfran43

Weekend Thread: Estimates - Angel Has Fallen $21.25M | Good Boys $11.75M | Overcomer $8.20M | The Lion King $8.15M | H&S $8.14M - & $101.8M in China

2 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

I'm proper scared of what will happen when the Joker reactions drop.

Yea, I'm not getting my hopes up. I'm also scared of what happens when reactions to Ad Astra drop next Thursday. The most rabid fanbase on the internet!

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

5 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

"People continue supporting our little effort. Amazing performance for our small spin-off, #1 movie world wide! Thank you everyone!" - The Rock, probably...

I mean, the natural progression would be for Butler to become President, then remake Air Force One, but R rated. "Air Force One Is Falling" - this time, Butler can say "Get off my FUCKING plane!" and then properly decapitate the villain. 

Apparently a plane sequence was cut from Angel from Fallen due to budget reasons, but Banning as president would be the best and funniest thing and in a way the most natural progression of the series.

The Lion King (2019)  becomes ....

The 9th film to reach $1.5B WW

The 9th film to reach $1B Internationally

The 8th film to do both*

Hooray for TLK!

* The Avengers (2012) is in the $1.5B WW club but not the $1B International club. The Fate of the Furious is in the $1B International club but not the $1.5B WW club.

Edited by SteveJaros
  • Like 3

50 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

It already had stronger than usual Friday's jump, lower Sats increase is reasonable. 

Normally lower Sat will be compensated by lower Sunday drop 

Do you think it can get 140M now with back to back drops in 30s?

28 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

The Lion King (2019)  becomes ....

The 9th film to reach $1.5B WW

The 9th film to reach $1B Internationally

The 8th film to do both*

Hooray for TLK!

* The Avengers (2012) is in the $1.5B WW club but not the $1B International club. The Fate of the Furious is in the $1B International club but not the $1.5B WW club.

:gold:

27 minutes ago, Damianport1 said:

Do you think it can get 140M now with back to back drops in 30s?

Coming near 140m but 140m above is too hard unless it posts some really surprising good increase like dunkirk next week.

That being said, the hold so far doesn't look like some B cinemascore movie. Considering it has similar hold like Django and IB, which both received A- cinemascore   

2 hours ago, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

Another flop weekend, at least the music Industry is being salved this week. fiZWJrn.gif

I’ve seen a shit ton of commercials of that while watching Two And A Half Men. I’ve stopped caring about the VMAs, I only care to see the controversies which we don’t sadly have anymore. 

• Knock It Off 1

Aug 16–18 4 $10,354,073 - 3,869 - $2,676 $16,091,219 1
Aug 23–25 7 $6,365,000
(Estimate)
-38.5% 3,869 - $1,645 $27,091,263
(Estimate)

ANGRY BIRDS 2 will get a strong Labour Day hold and could make it to low-40s dom eventually.

OS is 48 after a 10+ weekend and should do at least 70. More if there are markets to come.

115-120 ww looks safe which is a shit global number and close to the Dom of the first movie, but on just a 65 prod budget Sony may not loose as badly as the performance implies.