Eric Atreides

Raya and the Last Dragon | March 5, 2021 | Premier Access/Theater simultaneous release

13 minutes ago, Maggie said:

You'll probably get your wish. I doubt theaters will be open in March. It will likely go to streaming in the US.

The country I live in is in a better situation than the US and the distrivution of vaccines to the most fragile people will have been done so I think theaters won't close again, Disney will be able to maintain a release in theaters, unfortunately for me but good news for theaters and local economies at least.

Premier Access folks...

Also Theatrical, so I look forward to seeing it at my "local" drive-in in March.

On 12/19/2020 at 5:18 AM, Wormow said:

This movie deserves better than to be an experiment for data. This movie has the potential to be as iconic as Frozen/Moana but it's going to end up performing subpar and forgotten by the end of 2021. 

And the fact that its not musical will not help it either. Also it seems she will not be with the other princesses as she was out if the hong kongs castle refurbishment and obviously she wanst on ralph 2. 

On 12/24/2020 at 2:48 AM, Mau said:

And the fact that its not musical will not help it either. Also it seems she will not be with the other princesses as she was out if the hong kongs castle refurbishment and obviously she wanst on ralph 2. 

"Wasnt in Ralph 2"

You are correct, she wasn't in that movie that came out three years before this movie was made

Surprised at people saying this movie won't be important when it will basically decide if Disney does day and date release for their other blockbusters or just delays them all again

Edited by SpiderByte
  • Like 1

On 1/2/2021 at 11:13 AM, SpiderByte said:

"Wasnt in Ralph 2"

You are correct, she wasn't in that movie that came out three years before this movie was made

Surprised at people saying this movie won't be important when it will basically decide if Disney does day and date release for their other blockbusters or just delays them all again

I never said it won’t be important, i would love to see this movie succeed. I just think its a sad this will be a guinea pig and if it fails disney could forget this movie like 50% of tgeir movies (dinosaur,,atlantis, the great mouse detective,,etc)

Edited by Mau

2 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Kinda answered your own question there

It doesn't seem very consumer friendly when every other service is offering big budget movies for free. It'd be one thing if this was an alternative to going to see it theatrically, but it's pretty much the main way most people will see it. 

18 minutes ago, TMP said:

It doesn't seem very consumer friendly when every other service is offering big budget movies for free. It'd be one thing if this was an alternative to going to see it theatrically, but it's pretty much the main way most people will see it. 

Someday, people will learn what the word free actually means