Eric Atreides

Raya and the Last Dragon | March 5, 2021 | Premier Access/Theater simultaneous release

I hope it'll be a dual release theaters / Disney+, I don't want to go back to theaters...watching these new movies at home quietly with my own food is so much better, please Disney!! So excited with this new era of streaming, I wanted this for a long time!

f2f05705522b44a0feacc06fdcde6490c734ab8f

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

Oh man in excited for this trailer. I remember Adele Lim (the writer) talking about how important it was to represent South East Asian culture but also throwing in some Hong Kong action sequences both of those things have me very excited (particularly after Disney and Pixar’s successes with Moana and Coco respectively)

1 hour ago, Seth Irskens said:

Does anyone know if this is going to have songs in it (like a musical) and is she going to be a legit Disney Warrior Princesses? (Sorry Mulan) 

if I recall correctly, yes there will be songs, and ... I don't remember on the latter. I think yes though.

Usually when a trailer like this drops, there'd be a lot more people in the thread hyping it up. Anyway, I think the film looks excellent, but I'm really hoping it goes more in depth with its story. I'm getting this "we only went surface-level" vibe from the actual storytelling. Hopefully I'm wrong about that.

Edited by SLAM!

35 minutes ago, SLAM! said:

Usually when a trailer like this drops, there'd be a lot more people in the thread hyping it up. Anyway, I think the film looks excellent, but I'm really hoping it goes more in depth with its story. I'm getting this "we only went surface-level" vibe from the actual storytelling. Hopefully I'm wrong about that.

I mean that's kind of hard to tell from a trailer that only gives the vague outlines of the plot and one of its central characters only appearing as a silhouette with no dialogue. Half the trailer looks like the first five minutes of the film.

Trailer itself is solid enough.

Edited by cookie