Eric Atreides

Raya and the Last Dragon | March 5, 2021 | Premier Access/Theater simultaneous release

These previews make me wanna see big budget live action set entirely in Asia. Considering how much the world is gulping K and C dramas and US streaming companies making their own (Netflix's Kingdom and Sweet Home just to name a few), I think that big budget movies are inevitable down the line.  

4 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

These previews make me wanna see big budget live action set entirely in Asia. Considering how much the world is gulping K and C dramas and US streaming companies making their own (Netflix's Kingdom and Sweet Home just to name a few), I think that big budget movies are inevitable down the line.  

I mean, there dozens of big budget live action films set entirely in Asia, espescially China, if you look outside of Hollywood.

4 hours ago, Valonqar said:

I mean those exist (depending on how you define "big budget"), they're just local productions

20 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

I mean those exist (depending on how you define "big budget"), they're just local productions

Watched #Alive on Netflix (I think Netflix just carried it but it was locally produced otherwise). Awesome zombie movie that isn't really about zombies. 

• Like 1

A beautifully animated movie. Very serious adult take but also sweet at times. The plot imo kind of stumbles in the middle but cleans up nicely.

The soundtrack by James Newton Howard I have to also highlight, it's excellent. Gives almost a mystic feel to the movie.

• Like 7

Still not listed on Event Cinemas website and less than a week to release, looks like I'm going to Hoyts to watch this one. 

At least it will be a nice treat to visit my childhood cinema which I haven't been to since I watched Disaster Artist there a few years ago, but will become very annoying quickly if all Disney movies are only at Hoyts cinemas going forward. 

• Like 3