Eric Duncan

Raya and the Last Dragon | March 5, 2021 | Premier Access/Theater simultaneous release

No listing for Raya is up for Event or Hoyts here yet, maybe they aren’t showing it due to day and date with Disney+ which would be disappointing.

Still planning on watching it in cinemas first but if that isn’t an option will have to take the plunge and just get it on Disney+ as I’m really looking forward to this. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jamiem said:

No listing for Raya is up for Event or Hoyts here yet, maybe they aren’t showing it due to day and date with Disney+ which would be disappointing.

Still planning on watching it in cinemas first but if that isn’t an option will have to take the plunge and just get it on Disney+ as I’m really looking forward to this. 

AMC doesn't have any showtimes up either where I am. If they're not playing it, that's just dumb to me, since they're playing all the upcoming Warner Bros. releases, and those are technically free.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Eric Gardner said:

AMC doesn't have any showtimes up either where I am. If they're not playing it, that's just dumb to me, since they're playing all the upcoming Warner Bros. releases, and those are technically free.

Might be the Disney desired take and terms - remember, WB is only taking 45% for their day and date, and giving theaters 55%...

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Might be the Disney desired take and terms - remember, WB is only taking 45% for their day and date, and giving theaters 55%...

That's... nice of WB. Softens my anger at their decision for their release schedule a little bit this year. I guess it could be worse for theaters. 

8 hours ago, Jamiem said:

I mean, they'd have to be crazy not to show it, no? Plus I could've sworn I saw it listed on the Hoyts site the other day but now I can't find it. I just saw this on the NZ Disney+ page so at least it will be released here in cinemas, which I was getting kinda worried about tbh.

n0XdOUq.png

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLBTJZyMqG3/

I'll definitely be seeing it in theatres as well because lol no at watching any movies on TV if I don't have to. :D I could see them sticking session times up later so I'll just be stalking the pages for the next few weeks I guess.

• Like 2

Raya finally showed up on Hoyts website in both Australia and New Zealand (no showtimes yet by the look), hopefully Event Cinemas joins soon.

Either way leaving it late with only about 2 weeks left until

it releases.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Jamiem said:

Raya finally showed up on Hoyts website in both Australia and New Zealand (no showtimes yet by the look), hopefully Event Cinemas joins soon.

Either way leaving it late with only about 2 weeks left until

it releases.

Reading also have it up and they have one showing per day for the first week on sale there at the moment. 👍 https://readingcinemas.co.nz/movies/advanced-tickets

I honestly wonder if Event Cinemas are pissed at Disney at the moment for skipping theatrical for Soul and Mulan, because they still haven't put BW back up on their Coming Soon page, although since I put it on my Watchlist back before all these moves I can still see it pending (70 days currently, I'll believe that when I see it). But also at WW84 in IMAX they showed the trailer for Top Gun which is due to come out after BW does and they've been showing it forever since I saw it when I went to see Tenet there a few times. But the BW trailer hasn't been shown at all.

I also saw Tenet at Reading and they showed a BW trailer there, so I have my suspicions. They'd have to be crazy to not show Raya but I just thought it was interesting how they've been avoiding Disney after they pulled their films from theatres.

• Like 2