Eric Atreides

Labor Day Weekend Thread: Don't Let Go 150K Previews

16 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Is It2 going to pose a threat being R movie? I know it isn't the same genre but it's still adult oriented and will have big opening.

yes it could i think it will . but won't miss 140 as it's just under 10 away after monday.

Edited by a2k

This weekend is rough. However, Labor Day has always been dead. The most lively Labor Day were both 2012 and 2013.

over 15-20 films over a $1 million in 2013, and that crazy turnout of One Direction: This Is Us and Instructions Not Included doing very successful for a little release.

2012 was primarily the decent success of The Possession, although not a very good movie decent turnout for a horror film during a rut year for horror films at the box office. 

2015 even had War Room holding up just fine and made it to the top spot! 

This Labor Day nothing exciting.Angel Has Fallen won but who cares.Sad to say this summer has only a few success stories except Disney. Once Upon A Time In Hollywood, Rocketman, and Yesterday were the only major successful non-sequel films this summer! 

I know 2019 is in a rut. However, Fall 2019 could do anything. I don’t think theaters are dying, it’s just studios don’t know how to compete with Disney this year.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Maxmoser3 said:

This weekend is rough. However, Labor Day has always been dead. The most lively Labor Day were both 2012 and 2013.

over 15-20 films over a $1 million in 2013, and that crazy turnout of One Direction: This Is Us and Instructions Not Included doing very successful for a little release.

2012 was primarily the decent success of The Possession, although not a very good movie decent turnout for a horror film during a rut year for horror films at the box office. 

2015 even had War Room holding up just fine and made it to the top spot! 

This Labor Day nothing exciting.Angel Has Fallen won but who cares.Sad to say this summer has only a few success stories except Disney. Once Upon A Time In Hollywood, Rocketman, and Yesterday were the only major successful non-sequel films this summer! 

I know 2019 is in a rut. However, Fall 2019 could do anything. I don’t think theaters are dying, it’s just studios don’t know how to compete with Disney this year.

Good Boys. Midsommar. Crawl. Scary Stories.