A Marvel Fanboy

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies | Feb. 5, 2016 | New Trailer on Page 3!

It looks like this is officially a go with a cast, director and principal photography to begin in September.

Starring:Lily JamesSam RileyBella HeathcoteDirector:Burr Steers (from a screenplay by David O. Russell and Steers)

http://www.deadline.com/2014/08/pride-and-prejudice-and-zombies-resurrected-with-lily-james-sam-riley-bella-heathcote-sierra-affinity/

February 2016 is going to be a very interesting month, box office wise and just seeing the movies; as its basically full of wildcards that could end up being good, or really terrible.

Hail Caesar!

Gods of Egypt (really looking forward to this one)

Dead pool

Pets

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies

Ben-Hur

Zoolander

• Like 1

This will be awesome, if they do it right.  If they make a generic action movie, it will fail.  The book's strength is that it really is just Pride and Prejudice with zombies and kung fu as dressing,. The contrast is just wonderful and hilarious to see.  If the film keeps that Austin core, this has potential to be fantastic, but if they play up the action, remove that dichotomy, then this will be junk.

Edited by Brilliant Dynamite Neon

I agree that Gods of Egypt should move, because I think it has big potential. Maybe if Deadpool finds a more adult audience it could survive where it's at, but I don't know...

I guess this is a good move for P&P&Z, it was never going to make a ton of money, but Hail Caesar won't be huge direct competition.

• Like 1

I agree that Gods of Egypt should move, because I think it has big potential. Maybe if Deadpool finds a more adult audience it could survive where it's at, but I don't know...

I guess this is a good move for P&P&Z, it was never going to make a ton of money, but Hail Caesar won't be huge direct competition.

I'd say Ben-Hur and Deadpool combined makes Gods of Egypt a bomb immediately. 

April 8th is good because BvS will have made most of its money, none of the April comedies are competitors, Jungle Book is for families, while Huntsman isn't big enough to where Gods of Egypt should be afraid of it. 

January 8th or 22nd could also work. 

• Like 1