Eric Atreides

IT: CHAPTER TWO WEEKEND THREAD | 91M DOM, 94M OS, 185M WW | Read first post for rules

18 minutes ago, TMP said:

New Line’s It: Chapter Two is seeing an estimated gross tonight per sources between $10M-$11M. If those figures remain on track, the sequel will be the second biggest preview for a horror movie and September release after, of course, 2017’s It which rang up $13.5M.

3 hours ago, Porthos said:

It: Chapter 2 Greater Sacramento Area Premiere Night Seat Report:

PREMIERE NIGHT (FINAL REPORT) [4:00pm - 5:00pm]

Final Adjusted Comps #1 (probably lol - use at own risk)

Time

%

Sold Since Mid Day

Total Sold

Sellouts / Shows

Seats Left / Total Seats

Perct Sold

Comp

Pika 

3:30-4:00

0/112

7172/10268

30.15%

10.34m

Aladdin

5:00-5:30

0/117

9953/13853

28.15%

10.08m

KotM

3:20-4:00

0/129

12885/15763

18.26%

12.30m

TS4

4:30-5:30

2/156

10656/17362

38.62%

10.05m

TLK

4:30-5:45

7/289

17020/27997

39.21%

11.77m

H&S

5:40-6:15

0/128

11254/14326

21.44%

10.60m

It 2 (adj)

4:00-5:00

n/a

0/236

16587/22205

25.30%

n/a

ZTvo87j.png  ZTvo87j.png  ZTvo87j.png  ZTvo87j.png  

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Its overall multiplier for the weekend is certainly gonna be interesting. A nearly 3 hour long movie (and over that once you factor trailers in) isn't really something you can show up for in the spur of the moment.

I get people are busy and all, but I don't think the runtime will be that big of a deal to people, especially since, at least in my area, there are plenty of showtimes for people to choose from.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, FlashMaster659 said:

The system works yet again 😎

We'll see what the number actually is when it rolls in tomorrow. ;)

(Especially since I bumped up my personal call from 11m to 11.25m, if with a +/- .4m range :ph34r:)

I'm more laughing that the Tracking thread predicted the Deadline range exactly. :lol: 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, filmlover said:

Its overall multiplier for the weekend is certainly gonna be interesting. A nearly 3 hour long movie (and over that once you factor trailers in) isn't really something you can show up for in the spur of the moment.

9.1x multi for IT1. I doubt IT2 can cross 8x being a sequel and a long movie.

22 minutes ago, a2k said:

A long movie could easily mean people waiting to watch it over the weekend instead of Thursday (especially since it doesn't have the finale hype films like Endgame Deathly Hallows Part 2 had). Don't see how it being longer would decrease the multi especially considering that the movie is getting a load of showtimes. I think it can reach 9x.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 4

22 minutes ago, a2k said:

Just now, lorddemaxus said:

A long movie could easily mean people waiting to watch it over the weekend. Don't see how it being longer would decrease the multi especially considering that the movie is getting a load of showtimes. I think it can reach 9x.

I was also thinking that the nearly 3 hours might drive business toward Sat+Sun. It’s hard to draw many conclusions from Endgame’s OW in that regard (since... 60M previews, 100M true single days, etc) but it makes intuitive sense to me.    

I’m guessing x8.5ish, we’ll have to see what the audience metrics are like but anecdotally it seem to be getting solid reception.

3 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

A long movie could easily mean people waiting to watch it over the weekend instead of Thursday (especially since it doesn't have the finale hype films like Endgame Deathly Hallows Part 2 had). Don't see how it being longer would decrease the multi especially considering that the movie is getting a load of showtimes. I think it can reach 9x.

Just now, Thanos Legion said:

I was also thinking that the nearly 3 hours might drive business toward Sat+Sun. It’s hard to draw many conclusions from Endgame’s OW in that regard (since... 60M previews, 100M true single days, etc) but it makes intuitive sense to me.    

I’m guessing x8.5ish, we’ll have to see what the audience metrics are like but anecdotally it seem to be getting solid reception.

you still have to account for sequelitis. rare for a sequel to a 9x movie doing 8x+ unless the release date change is conducive to higher multis.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I wouldn’t expect a sequel to match the internal weekend multiplier of the predecessor. They’re more frontloaded by nature.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I wouldn’t expect a sequel to match the internal weekend multiplier of the predecessor. They’re more frontloaded by nature.  

I still think it's doing better than 8x. Also, both the last two Furious movie (I think Furious 7 is the only movie with a 9x that also had a sequel so that undermines a2k's very rare point) had a 9x. 

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

It's so sad to see what BOT has ended up being. Just 2 pages in such a weeknd. All this ridiculous moderation and censorship got us here. 

People not yet returning from a dead month plus at the box office is what "got us here".

It's often like this during and right after a slow period.

(won't deign to comment on the rest of your post)

• Like 7