Eric Atreides

IT: CHAPTER TWO WEEKEND THREAD | 91M DOM, 94M OS, 185M WW | Read first post for rules

1 hour ago, RthTIFF said:

OK when I took a  really quick look at DL I thought they had 33 with Thu previews, which apparently not, I was including Thu, however it was still under the current est

:ohmygod:   

So yesterday we had Deadline and Jat at 33 while Rth was at 22, came in just about halfway between.

3 minutes ago, cookie said:

Shazam! is the best DC movie since The Dark Knight🤷‍♂️

Been wanting to buy Shazam but I hate how the 4k release has nicer cover art than the standard Blu Ray

SHAZAM_1000739026_4K_OSLIP_3D_FINAL_Dom_ vs 81sXAT7IFPL._SL1500_.jpg

I won't stand for such discrimination so I refuse to buy it until I can afford a 4k TV/Bluray player.

• Knock It Off 1

40 minutes ago, LOGAN'sLuckyRun said:

Been wanting to buy Shazam but I hate how the 4k release has nicer cover art than the standard Blu Ray

SHAZAM_1000739026_4K_OSLIP_3D_FINAL_Dom_ vs 81sXAT7IFPL._SL1500_.jpg

I won't stand for such discrimination so I refuse to buy it until I can afford a 4k TV/Bluray player.

The 4K comes with the blu Ray too, so you don’t have to wait!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, cookie said:

Shazam! is the best DC movie since The Dark Knight🤷‍♂️

This is a very good take:).  I'd have to rewatch Wonder Woman and Shazam to make sure, but I think I did (on 1st viewing for both) rate Shazam higher.  It is an excellent, excellent movie:)...

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Kjtc said:

The 4K comes with the blu Ray too, so you don’t have to wait!

Yeah, I know. I was kinda joking. I actually used to do that 3D Blu Rays (RIP). Most 3DBRs had better cover art so I'd by em just for that and just give the disc to someone with an actual player. 

But I'm actually interested in 4K so if I did do that I'd just keep the disc for whenever I can upgrade (I still have a 720p TV, FFS 😭)

Edited by LOGAN'sLuckyRun

16 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Barely any talk in this thread is a good indication of how underwhelming the opening is for It Chapter Two.

The weekend threads have been so dead since TLK. Wonder if Joker will save us or we need to wait for November.

Just now, Thanos Legion said:

The weekend threads have been so dead since TLK. Wonder if Joker will save us or we need to wait for November.

Yeah I'm thinking Frozen 2. Disney to the rescue again?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Barely any talk in this thread is a good indication of how underwhelming the opening is for It Chapter Two.

To be fair, it’s more an indication of how within expectations the opening is (albeit low side). If this was pulling a Solo or a JL (say, maybe a 70M debut) we’d be a lot more lively.

Edited by Thanos Legion

Just now, Thanos Legion said:

To be fair, it’s more an indication of how within expectations the opening is (albeit low side). If this was pulling a Solo or a JL we’d be a lot more lively.

Yeah that's true. For me I felt a definite come-down once it was clear the $33M true Friday number was bogus. Totally threw the chances of a $100M OW down the drain.

2 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

To be fair, it’s more an indication of how within expectations the opening is (albeit low side). If this was pulling a Solo or a JL (say, maybe a 70M debut) we’d be a lot more lively.

I don't think so, 70M-90M would've been within the norm. anything above 100M would be above the expectations 

2 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

I don't think so, 70M-90M would've been within the norm. anything above 100M would be above the expectations 

84 might not be too exciting, but I suspect people would be shocked and melting down in the 70s.     

Anyway, I *am* pretty curious how this drops next weekend vs Hustlers.

2 minutes ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

Joker Weekend Thread is hitting 100 pages one way or another.

I think Joker thread will be amazing. I predict it will have an insane Thursday previews number and Fri that will get people's hopes up but shockingly drops on Sat & Sun when people realize it's not a standard CBM followed by epic meltdowns on here.  

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

84 might not be too exciting, but I suspect people would be shocked and melting down in the 70s.     

Anyway, I *am* pretty curious how this drops next weekend vs Hustlers.

70s would've been like 10M less than WB's expectations which is while low, not really that shocking.