Eric Atreides

IT: CHAPTER TWO WEEKEND THREAD | 91M DOM, 94M OS, 185M WW | Read first post for rules

22 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

70s would've been like 10M less than WB's expectations which is while low, not really that shocking. 

The  connection between deliberately lowballed studio “expectations” and what causes meltdowns around here is... rather faint. 

44 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

I think Joker thread will be amazing. I predict it will have an insane Thursday previews number and Fri that will get people's hopes up but shockingly drops on Sat & Sun when people realize it's not a standard CBM 

followed by epic meltdowns on here. 

Excuse me but the correct term is "Heated Gaming Moment"

9aVRtGK.jpg

Edited by LOGAN'sLuckyRun
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

It all comes down to that Sunday drop. Will it follow the pattern set by WB's last two Fall kick-off horror films (It and The Nun) and have a steep drop? I'm guessing yes, as there's really no reason for it to deviate. A 38% drop or lower means it will hit $90M (assuming the $33M Saturday number is correct).

IT 2 was a great movie, but you can definitely feel the long running time. I think this will hurt the replay factor.

This movie is longer than most of the Avengers movies. I don't see this movie getting good legs, not because of its quality but the running time.  All in all, cast was great and the movie was very enjoyable. It's not boring, just a little long.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, xiazhi said:

I wouldn't call Pixar kids movies. Frozon is the biggest kid's movie. You set the aim too high for Shazam.

6 hours ago, xiazhi said:

It's a matter of the materials not MPAA ratings.

Go on... please explain how Pixar films aren't kids films. Very curious to know why you think this.

17 minutes ago, a2k said:

IT2 had a real shot at giving the biggest non-Disney ow this year as FFH had a Tue release and did 92.6 over the ow. Gonna fall a bit short.

If the biggest non-Disney opening this year is FFH that will be just 26% of Endgame. Previous largest discrepancy this millennia between highest Ow and highest OW from a different studio was 2017 with It 1 at 56% of TLJ. Just bonkers.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, cookie said:

They've been kinda weaksauce on the marketing so far this year tbh (outside of Joker)

I’d argue Pikachu and IT2 has great trailers but their late game marketing of recently has been ass.

3 hours ago, a2k said:

IT2 had a real shot at giving the biggest non-Disney ow this year as FFH had a Tue release and did 92.6 over the ow. Gonna fall a bit short.

3 hours ago, Thanos Legion said:

If the biggest non-Disney opening this year is FFH that will be just 26% of Endgame. Previous largest discrepancy this millennia between highest Ow and highest OW from a different studio was 2017 with It 1 at 56% of TLJ. Just bonkers.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Jumanji 3 will go over $100m OW (not much over, maybe $110m max) and be the biggest non-Disney OW of the year. The discrepancy record will be set either way, though. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VenomXXR said:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Jumanji 3 will go over $100m OW (not much over, maybe $110m max) and be the biggest non-Disney OW of the year. The discrepancy record will be set either way, though. 

it's december though. jum2 did 53 over 5-day. for this to double that over 3-days is nearly impossible imo.