Eric Atreides

IT: CHAPTER TWO WEEKEND THREAD | 91M DOM, 94M OS, 185M WW | Read first post for rules

7 minutes ago, a2k said:

it's december though. jum2 did 53 over 5-day. for this to double that over 3-days is nearly impossible imo.

That was before J2 became a $400m darling when people were still skeptical of it. J3 will be more more front loaded. It may not actually do it but it's gonna be a large opening. 

7 minutes ago, Alex SciChannel said:

I doubt though It 2 would match it since its Saturday is looking to be a better increase than expected from True Fri.

Still a lower number. 21 mill maybe

31 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I’d argue Pikachu and IT2 has great trailers but their late game marketing of recently has been ass.

Pikachu’s problem was that its hype peaked with the first trailer. Releasing in the shadow of Endgame was a mistake.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, DAR said:

Or that it was a Pokémon movie 

The first Pokémon movie had the fourth biggest animated OW at the time of its release and adjusts to $90m 5-day. The audience is there.

I don’t think TMNT ’14 numbers could’ve been out of the question with more consistent marketing and a better release date.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, cookie said:

The first Pokémon movie had the fourth biggest animated OW at the time of its release and adjusts to $90m 5-day. The audience is there.

I don’t think TMNT ’14 numbers could’ve been out of the question with more consistent marketing and a better release date.

Total of animated Pokémon 1999 movie adjusted to 2019 $: $151M

Total of live-action Pokémon movie released in 2019: $144M

Not that far off the mark, really.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Total of animated Pokémon 1999 movie adjusted to 2019 $: $151M

Total of live-action Pokémon movie released in 2019: $144M

Not that far off the mark, really.

Because of horrendous legs on account of basically being an extended episode of the cartoon, but the opening five days were still big.

1 hour ago, VenomXXR said:

That was before J2 became a $400m darling when people were still skeptical of it. J3 will be more more front loaded. It may not actually do it but it's gonna be a large opening. 

I don't know about Jumanji 3 being huge again. I feel like it could just as easily suffer a similar fate to all the other sequels this year which dropped significantly from their break-out predecessors.