Eric Duncan

IT: CHAPTER TWO WEEKEND THREAD | 91M DOM, 94M OS, 185M WW | Read first post for rules

17 minutes ago, VENOM said:

Tell that to Disney, they live off rehashes.

This is such a strange take, although Disney is remaking same movies but they are at least good enough that audiences enjoy. Just look at Aladdin phenomenal legs everywhere. Its just a rehash of old story but they make it more fun and enjoyable. Other studios are failing in that regard imo

2 minutes ago, Nero said:

This is such a strange take, although Disney is remaking same movies but they are at least good enough that audiences enjoy. Just look at Aladdin phenomenal legs everywhere. Its just a rehash of old story but they make it more fun and enjoyable. Other studios are failing in that regard imo

Those Disney remakes aren't good lmao

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, filmlover said:

It will definitely cross $200M even if it drops big time from here on out on account that it's likely gonna get a push the entire last week of October when nothing of note is opening. It's curious why there are absolutely no horror movies opening in October this year aside from the comedy hybrid Zombieland 2 (which obviously leans almost completely on the comedy side anyway) and I guess the animated Addams Family if that counts. Unless they think Joker functions as a Halloween movie considering the costume is certain to be popular.

I wonder if WB might do paid sneaks for Doctor Sleep on Halloween itself? 

32 minutes ago, filmlover said:

It will definitely cross $200M even if it drops big time from here on out on account that it's likely gonna get a push the entire last week of October when nothing of note is opening. It's curious why there are absolutely no horror movies opening in October this year aside from the comedy hybrid Zombieland 2 (which obviously leans almost completely on the comedy side anyway) and I guess the animated Addams Family if that counts. Unless they think Joker functions as a Halloween movie considering the costume is certain to be popular.

There actually is one from STX on Halloween weekend called Countdown. I can't find the trailer online, but I got the preview at It 2, and...yikes lmao.

But more than likely, it's probably a case where studios saw the logjam of Joker/Zombieland/Maleficent and decided it was best to sit this one out.

Just now, a2k said:
Date Rank Gross % Change Theaters Per Theater Total Gross Days
Sep 6, 2019 1 $37,225,000   4,570 $8,146   $37,225,000 1
Sep 7, 2019 1 $33,625,000 -10% 4,570 $7,358   $70,850,000 2
Sep 8, 2019 1 $20,150,000 -40% 4,570 $4,409   $91,000,000 3

Harsher Sunday drop than the first, could be underestimated. 

• Like 3

Hobbs & Shaw grossed an estimated $15.7M internationally this weekend, including $9.7M from China (where the film has grossed $184.6M to date). International total stands at $555.5M, global total stands at $719.8M

9.7 Ch weekend + 6 OS-Ch weekend + 3.7 dom weekend for 720 ww

8 more Ch + 6 more OS-Ch + 6 more Dom = 20 more for 740 ww

Edited by a2k
  • Like 1