Eric Atreides

IT: CHAPTER TWO WEEKEND THREAD | 91M DOM, 94M OS, 185M WW | Read first post for rules

Congrats to Warner Bros.  I mean yes it's a 30 Million drop from Chapter One but these are horror films.  91 Million  for anything R-Rated is still ridiculous and this is horror at that.  With this and "Joker" incoming, Warner may rule the fall for sure.  

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, filmscholar said:

Congrats to Warner Bros.  I mean yes it's a 30 Million drop from Chapter One but these are horror films.  91 Million  for anything R-Rated is still ridiculous and this is horror at that.  With this and "Joker" incoming, Warner may rule the fall for sure.  

I wonder if this is going to become a pattern. WB seems to be putting out their best offerings during the second half of the year. I'm thinking they've realized that they'd rather not fight with all the other studios over the summer slots and use the fall as their personal playground.

2 hours ago, JB33 said:

I wonder if this is going to become a pattern. WB seems to be putting out their best offerings during the second half of the year. I'm thinking they've realized that they'd rather not fight with all the other studios over the summer slots and use the fall as their personal playground.

And R Rated mid budgeted to blockbuster fare is one of the few areas Disney has no interest in atm too

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JB33 said:

Next year they're competing in summer with Scoob, WW1984, In The Heights and Tenet. Their 2020 fall state isn't as strong with Conjuring 3 and The Witches

8 hours ago, LOGAN'sLuckyRun said:

Nah, it really only made $40 DOM. The rest was just Disney inflating the gross like they did with CRAPtain Marvel and BLAND Panther.

This guy told me so:

Screen_Shot_2017_11_28_at_12.59.38_PM.0.

Just out of curiosity. Who is this guy? I feel like I’ve seen him before but can’t recall at this moment. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, junkshop36 said:

Just out of curiosity. Who is this guy? I feel like I’ve seen him before but can’t recall at this moment. 

He's some YouTube guy.  I think his channel is The Quartering or something like that

Don't know his real name, nor do I care 😛

Edited by 75Live
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, TMP said:

Ok Disney boy...

Lol I don't give a fuck about remakes . I'm just saying what I have seen. I like MCU and Pixar and WDAS animation couldn't care less about anything else that Disney does...

1 hour ago, kitik said:

Speaking of next year's slate, when will we get the next round of release date musical chairs?

Anyone want to make a prediction about the next movie to move?

Uncharted is moving but that's kind of a cheat. 

1 hour ago, junkshop36 said:

A Youtube grifter who got banned from Magic the Gathering tournaments for harassing a female cosplayer.

Edited by cookie
  • Haha 1

As I said already said in the IT2 thread I do not know anyone who really genuinely liked the first one. For some it was "okay", for others rather "meh". Nobody loved it, nobody hated it either. But that's not the kind of reception you need to get peoples' butts in seats for the sequel. The opening is great - it's just not as great as the first one. Another horror movie that will make 200+ million. It's a win for the genre no matter what, even if it shows that the first one is not so universally loved as many would say. 

Personally I was a little disappointed about IT1 as the movie managed to scare me only one single time in more than two hours. That's why I am not in a hurry to see the second one. At my local cinema they do kind of a "last call" week before the movie leaves. They only show the movie one last time in that week (on tuesday) in their smallest theatre and you only pay 3 € for it. I think that's the German version of the dollar theatres in the US. I will see IT TWO that way. That's enough. Even if the director manages to scare me twice this time I am still gonna save as much money as possible. :sparta:

12 hours ago, JB33 said:

Nah. They tried to have hits this summer as well. Everything just bombed. 

• ...wtf 1

4 hours ago, EliasChristensen said:

As I said already said in the IT2 thread I do not know anyone who really genuinely liked the first one. For some it was "okay", for others rather "meh". Nobody loved it, nobody hated it either. But that's not the kind of reception you need to get peoples' butts in seats for the sequel. The opening is great - it's just not as great as the first one. Another horror movie that will make 200+ million. It's a win for the genre no matter what, even if it shows that the first one is not so universally loved as many would say. 

Personally I was a little disappointed about IT1 as the movie managed to scare me only one single time in more than two hours. That's why I am not in a hurry to see the second one. At my local cinema they do kind of a "last call" week before the movie leaves. They only show the movie one last time in that week (on tuesday) in their smallest theatre and you only pay 3 € for it. I think that's the German version of the dollar theatres in the US. I will see IT TWO that way. That's enough. Even if the director manages to scare me twice this time I am still gonna save as much money as possible. :sparta:

I thought IT 2 was pretty good. I hate horror so I was reluctant to go but went anyways not only for the Birds of Prey teaser but bc I'm a Bill Hader fan.

I rented the original before I went to see this one. I didn't care for it bc as I said, I don't like scary things. 

Edited by LOGAN'sLuckyRun

Brutal heatwave destroyed cinema this weekend here @MCKillswitch123

Massive drops all around and a disappointing opening for IT Chapter 2 (68.900 tickets sold with Wednesday previews), with previews added in it barely beat the opening of IT in 2017 (68.694, and the first movie didn't had previews at all). Decent opening for Dolor Y Gloria while Official Secrets straight up flopped.

https://www.ica-ip.pt/fotos/downloads/ranking_fds_05_a_08_de_setembro_2019_18455d76350ccd9d6.pdf

The drops are ugly as well. Everything I look at plunged around 50%. Hopefully there is rain or something this coming weekend. 

• Sad 1