Eric Duncan

IT: CHAPTER TWO WEEKEND THREAD | 91M DOM, 94M OS, 185M WW | Read first post for rules

49 minutes ago, a2k said:

IT1's breakdown for comparision

36.9 [50.4 od, 3.7 * 13.5]

45.0 (+22%)

28.0 (-38%)

= 123.4 ow, 9.1 * 13.5

EDIT: 10.5 previews for IT2 ( @sfran43's post below)

If it matches IT1's multis gets 39 od and 96 ow but that would be tough IMO.

if Charlie's 30M true friday is accurate then with IT 1 breakdown

30 (40.5 OD)

36.6 (+22%)

22.7 (-38%) 

~99.8M 

but I think IT II will have worse Sat & Sun holds so more closer 90M 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I guess I was one of those guys to overestimate what chapter two would do. I guess the first one just hit the Zeitgeist and for me to expect the second one to do the same kind of business was probably kind of myopic on my part. I hope it can clear 600 million worldwide.

• Like 3

@Kenny

Your Winona-ing confuses me. First you give it to me for saying 90M is the likely number here, then you're giving it to filmlover for saying the film will be more backloaded, therefore giving this film a chance at 100M. So you're wtfing over me saying it will be more frontloaded than the first movie, but you're also wtfing over someone else saying it will be more backloaded than the first movie.

At least try to be consistent dude.

• Haha 4
  • ...wtf 3
  • Knock It Off 1

10 minutes ago, baumer said:

I guess I was one of those guys to overestimate what chapter two would do. I guess the first one just hit the Zeitgeist and for me to expect the second one to do the same kind of business was probably kind of myopic on my part. I hope it can clear 600 million worldwide.

I think the fact this one's likely gonna make around 75% of the first one considering it really didn't have any of the variables going for it that led the first to massively overperform is really impressive on its own. The first IT had one of the best marketing campaigns of any movie this decade imo.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, baumer said:

Im more 500-550. Still awesome. 230-250DOM and 250-300 mill OS

Long runtime could scare people away from thursday and into the weekend

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, fmpro said:

Your opinion is sound.

I'm just hoping lol

Just to caution on Charlie's numbers...I think he stopped tracking "day of" OW numbers (using presales into the day to predict the day) by the beginning of August...aka - prior to the launch of the Regal subscription plans.  Regal won't release its initial subscriber base except to say "better than expected"...but whatever that number is, that base (if planning to see the movie) is going to significantly prebuy for a movie like this if they are going...so, his "going into the day presale numbers" might skew slightly higher (with walk ups now slightly lower), leading to his math calculation skewing too high...

I hope I'm wrong...I'd like to see a $100M OW opener...but I think we need to be cautious for now...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

50 minutes ago, Eric! said:

@Kenny

Your Winona-ing confuses me. First you give it to me for saying 90M is the likely number here, then you're giving it to filmlover for saying the film will be more backloaded, therefore giving this film a chance at 100M. So you're wtfing over me saying it will be more frontloaded than the first movie, but you're also wtfing over someone else saying it will be more backloaded than the first movie.

At least try to be consistent dude.

It doesn’t matter, Kenny is a banned fanatic alt.

40 minutes ago, fmpro said:

I'm curious about its OS numbers probably more than its domestic ones (I feel like that's been the case with a lot of movies recently). It's a long movie, doesn't have the same buzz as the first one, but it's dreadful in cinemas at the moment. Like, I have zero interest in anything out atm and this is the first movie in a long while that has a blockbuster-ish feel about it. Will that help with it being more back-loaded, perhaps?

59 minutes ago, baumer said:

was with you on that (even if a bit conservative in comparison). felt that being a self-evident concluding chapter unlike say deadpool2, it would manage to match the predecessor's over-performing ow. could fall about 20% or a tad more from IT's ow and honestly am somewhat deflated regarding that. hoping it can do 100 ow and 2.5x off that.