PanaMovie

JOKER OS THREAD // 738.5M OS // 1.074B WW

3 minutes ago, Bart Allen said:

India:

It's has grossed around $8.5 million till now in India; despite less theatres (450 screens) and big competition with War and Sye Raa Narasimha Reddy. At the second weekend it only suffered a -7% drop. Joker has now surpassed Black Panther and has equalled Batman v Superman in India.

Black Panther is $10.5mn plus while Batman vs Superman is $11mn.

1 hour ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Black Panther is $10.5mn plus while Batman vs Superman is $11mn.

Typo - it's on it's way to surpass those films, provided a relatively meager drop still holds true.

Also an update for the United States:

According to Box Office Pro, "The DC sensation is likely to hand off the top spot to Maleficent: Mistress of Evil this weekend, although that’s not as certain of an outcome as it was once considered to be.", whilst adding:

Estimates from Box Office Pro:

Maleficent: Mistress of Evil ($36 – 46 million)

Joker ($32 million)

Zombieland 2: Double Tap ($24 – 29 million)

Edited by Bart Allen

I know it isn't what they had in mind but I'm sure WB is at least considering offering a lot of money to Joaquin to accept starring in a Batman sequel. I'm not saying it could challenge IW but it could challenge IW (and with a fraction of most 2b grossers budget)

• Disbelief 1

6 hours ago, expensiveho said:

I know it isn't what they had in mind but I'm sure WB is at least considering offering a lot of money to Joaquin to accept starring in a Batman sequel. I'm not saying it could challenge IW but it could challenge IW (and with a fraction of most 2b grossers budget)

Well Phoenix had spoke to Peter Travers about a potential sequel, and his reply shook quite a few people, to say the very least ~

It's a shame Daniel Day-Lewis retired, as it would have been interesting to see that possibility within the DC Black Label.

8 hours ago, expensiveho said:

Of course anything box office outcome is possible with good Batman film .. The most popular Superhero Brand Worldwide ..

At the very least it's on track for $956 million, based on the projects Juan @JuanIsidro posted on Twitter on October 15:

HOWEVER, should be noted that that Juan's estimated projects from Monday the 14th and Tuesday the 15th were surpassed:

Monday

Estimated: $4,710,919 (-77.4% from last Monday)

Actual: $8,345,763 (-14% from last Monday)

Tuesday

Estimated: $5,441,112 (-55.4% from last Tuesday)

Actual: $6,973,525 (-49.9% from last Tuesday)

Wednesday

Estimated: $4,004,658 (-56% from last Wednesday)

Actual: Come back later and see if it's dropped more than the estimate

However, given that the actual daily gross seems to vastly surpass the estimations which suggest $956 million, and that the international numbers seem to be dropping at an extremely low rate, I personally think that ... Well you know 😂😂😂

His estimation for this weekend at the box office is at $32,816,832 which puts it somewhat equal to what BoxOfficePro have estimated.

Edited by Bart Allen
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sunny Max said:

Of course anything box office outcome is possible with good Batman film .. The most popular Superhero Brand Worldwide ..

When I look again tdkr and tdk gross in Europe, joker performance although it's crazy shouldn't be much surprise that Europe account for 60% of it's market. 

Craziest thing about Joker performance maybe is in every country of Europe,Joker will become highest grossing solo superhero movie in 2019 except Hungary I guess ( will be quite difficult ). Also its Europe total > Shazam WW 😮

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 2

12 minutes ago, RJ 95 said:

When I look again tdkr and tdk gross in Europe, joker performance although it's crazy shouldn't be much surprise that Europe account for 60% of it's market. 

Craziest thing about Joker performance maybe is in every country of Europe,Joker will become highest grossing solo superhero movie in 2019 except Hungary I guess ( will be quite difficult ). Also its Europe total > Shazam WW 😮

yeah .easily #Joker soon will become the highest grossing DC film ever in OS-CH .. not only in Europe same situation in Latin region as well, Mexico running riot ..  now you could imagine the Batman film 

Japan - Thursday

Another great hold for Joker only drop 21% from last week and 29% from yesterday. 

Should be 20.5-21m today. Will be 24m+ after Sunday.

When I track aquaman week to week hold often in 35-45% but this movie make 20-25% hold seems so easy. 

35m seems likely. 40m is possible, and there is small chance for 45 if it maintain this hold for another month.

Edited by RJ 95
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Bart Allen said:

At the very least it's on track for $956 million, based on the projects Juan @JuanIsidro posted on Twitter on October 15:

HOWEVER, should be noted that that Juan's estimated projects from Monday the 14th and Tuesday the 15th were surpassed:

Monday

Estimated: $4,710,919 (-77.4% from last Monday)

Actual: $8,345,763 (-14% from last Monday)

Tuesday

Estimated: $5,441,112 (-55.4% from last Tuesday)

Actual: $6,973,525 (-49.9% from last Tuesday)

Wednesday

Estimated: $4,004,658 (-56% from last Wednesday)

Actual: Come back later and see if it's dropped more than the estimate

However, given that the actual daily gross seems to vastly surpass the estimations which suggest $956 million, and that the international numbers seem to be dropping at an extremely low rate, I personally think that ... Well you know 😂😂😂

His estimation for this weekend at the box office is at $32,816,832 which puts it somewhat equal to what BoxOfficePro have estimated.

The fact that his model is completely wrong for the dom number, by not being aware of Columbus Day doesn't fill me with confidence regarding his projections. His weekend number MIGHT be correct (give or take), but how he got there shows he's not doing it properly.

Edited by reddevil19

1 hour ago, reddevil19 said:

The fact that his model is completely wrong for the dom number, by not being aware of Columbus Day doesn't fill me with confidence regarding his projections. His weekend number MIGHT be correct (give or take), but how he got there shows he's not doing it properly.

I see, but it's very interesting; Joker should hit $700 million by Sunday, and it grossed $4.9 million on Wednesday which was slightly more than his estimation of $4 million.

11 minutes ago, Bart Allen said:

I see, but it's very interesting; Joker should hit $700 million by Sunday, and it grossed $4.9 million on Wednesday which was slightly more than his estimation of $4 million.

Dbl post sorry

Edited by RJ 95
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bart Allen said:

Joker should hit at least 715m+  on Sunday( pessimistic standard ) should be more actually like in 725-740m range 

Edited by RJ 95
  • Like 1

BOM update Joker foreign total as of 15 October

392.9m total

So 38.2 million from Monday-Tuesday

That's insane Whattt !!!

Even I predict only 55m for Mon-Thu

😮

No way that number only for Monday to tuesday, surely from Monday to Wednesday.

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=intl&id=joker2019.htm

Edited by RJ 95
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

7 minutes ago, RJ 95 said:

392.9m total

That's insane Whattt !!!

😮

BOM will report what ever studio tells them. But it could be a typo but 39m for 3 days seem low.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

BOM will report what ever studio tells them. But it could be a typo but 39m for 3 days seem low.

Yeah 39m for 3 days seems too low. 

Think about it again maybe 39m in two days is true if it get 22m in Monday ( inflated because Japan holiday) and 17 in Tuesday.

It needs many countries to hold 20-30% week to week drop to get that though.

Edited by RJ 95
  • Like 1

That is impressive. Most importantly I think is the fact that it represents 71% of the total BO on mon-tue, which could mean that even if Joker starts losing legs in North America, It's still doing amazing overseas.

I do think it's mon-tue instead of 3 days because the domestic is also mon-tue and will only be updated later on the day. So I think they updated it to make both domestic and overseas through tuesday, not to mention it's probably too early to have the wednesday numbers all over the world.

Edited by TheUndertaker
  • Like 1

Just now, TheUndertaker said:

That is impressive. Most importantly I think is the fact that it represents 71% of the total BO on mon-tue, which could mean that even if Joker starts losing legs in North America, It's still doing amazing overseas.

I do think it's mon-tue instead of 3 days because the domestic is also mon-tue and will only be updated later on the day. So I think they updated it to make both domestic and overseas through tuesday.

If it's true then surely 625m+ locked

I mean 392.9 + at least 25m wed to thu + 75m weekend = 492.9 in Sunday.

25 minutes ago, RJ 95 said:

392.9m total

That's insane Whattt !!!

😮

But why isn't Japan and a few other countries not listing on the foreign grossing list for Joker?