PanaMovie

JOKER OS THREAD // 738.5M OS // 1.074B WW

I still think $850-875 is the final destination, which is amazing by any measure. It's a great film, but I just don't see how it does $1 bil without families or China. Part of what's driving it now is the fact that it's "the thing" that everybody's talking about... and you know you've probably hit the saturation point when SNL does a spoof and it's  trending # 1 on Deadline... but how long can that last?

Would love to be wrong though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Should have known something was up / the holds were going to be (no pun intended) absolutely batcrap insane when I went to see the movie on Tuesday in my small town cinema. Weekdays are usually pin-drop quiet, with basically a handful of people at most attending, but this time the line stretched outside, and only the very first neck-breaker row of seats was vacant.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

Well it can have unreal legs in many countries, but if it starts "crashing" (or just behaving like a normal CBM) in a few big markets then $1B will become very difficult.

Still... insane that a billie Joker isn't just crazy talk anymore.

Maybe we should start to asume that this is not a normal CBM. It is not a PG-13, it is not a coloured film, it has not 3D, ... it seems anything else but a normal CBM. And the behaviour in BO is obviously not the same.

Of course, I can be wrong, but It seems more a Bohemian Rhapsody than a FFH in terms of BO.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, A Star is Orm said:

I still think $850-875 is the final destination, which is amazing by any measure. It's a great film, but I just don't see how it does $1 bil without families or China. Part of what's driving it now is the fact that it's "the thing" that everybody's talking about... and you know you've probably hit the saturation point when SNL does a spoof and it's  trending # 1 on Deadline... but how long can that last?

Would love to be wrong though.

Biggest R rated movie WW is probably the goal.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, john2000 said:

fan fuct if both joker and black widow hit 1 billion we will 5 sh movies that hit 1 billion in a row

Which ones are they? I see some SH films this year that has not grossed 1 billion: Shazam, Hellboy and Dark Phoenix.

49 minutes ago, john2000 said:

again i would wait to see more if i were you , nevermind

I was drawing a reasonable trajectory. With a 180M WW weekend, it's an absolute lock for 900+, very very likely to finish above the billie. It's going to slow down at some point, but past phenoma showed us that it's not happening in the first weeks of release. Also, the biggest blockbusters until Frozen 2 are Maleficent 2 and Terminator - not too threatening to be honest.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, john2000 said:

lol i forget shazam,hellboy,dark phoenix like they never existed lol

Difference between them is that Shazam was well received and  will be profitable (small profit, but it will be profitable), while Hellboy and especially Dark Phoenix are big commercial flops.

Edited by Marcos12

25 minutes ago, Sunny Max said:

$900 M + WW for #Joker ...

upcoming weeks are very interesting to see ..

i will check box office of joker at least one time of the week but thats it for me , i really liked the movie , its a huge success , however i will not see its  performance like i do with an mcu movie  :) (same goes to other blockbusters and disney movies too)

Edited by john2000
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, john2000 said:

i will check box office of joker at least one time of the week but thats it for me , i really liked the movie , its a huge success , however i will not see its  performance like i do with an mcu movie  :) (same goes to other blockbusters and disney movies too)

But so far performance is far better than many MCU & Disney movies .. yeah movie is super ... but i didn't expect that kind of box office hysteria .. seriously 

2nd weekend international gross is $123.7 M .. as compared to $151 M OW ... Minimal drop i would say ..

OS Gross is looking to $650 M .. if movie doesn't drop momentum in coming weeks 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sunny Max said:

But so far performance is far better than many MCU & Disney movies .. yeah movie is super ... but i didn't expect that kind of box office hysteria .. seriously 

2nd weekend international gross is $123.7 M .. as compared to $151 M OW ... Minimal drop i would say ..

OS Gross is looking to $650 M .. if movie doesn't drop momentum in coming weeks 

joker perfomance is better than many studios movies either disney or wb , but like i said i just dont care THAT much

• Like 1