Jump to content
PanaMovie

JOKER OS THREAD // 722.8M OS // 1.055B WW

Recommended Posts

I still think $850-875 is the final destination, which is amazing by any measure. It's a great film, but I just don't see how it does $1 bil without families or China. Part of what's driving it now is the fact that it's "the thing" that everybody's talking about... and you know you've probably hit the saturation point when SNL does a spoof and it's  trending # 1 on Deadline... but how long can that last?

 

Would love to be wrong though.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Should have known something was up / the holds were going to be (no pun intended) absolutely batcrap insane when I went to see the movie on Tuesday in my small town cinema. Weekdays are usually pin-drop quiet, with basically a handful of people at most attending, but this time the line stretched outside, and only the very first neck-breaker row of seats was vacant.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

Well it can have unreal legs in many countries, but if it starts "crashing" (or just behaving like a normal CBM) in a few big markets then $1B will become very difficult.

 

Still... insane that a billie Joker isn't just crazy talk anymore.

Maybe we should start to asume that this is not a normal CBM. It is not a PG-13, it is not a coloured film, it has not 3D, ... it seems anything else but a normal CBM. And the behaviour in BO is obviously not the same.

 

Of course, I can be wrong, but It seems more a Bohemian Rhapsody than a FFH in terms of BO.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, A Star is Orm said:

I still think $850-875 is the final destination, which is amazing by any measure. It's a great film, but I just don't see how it does $1 bil without families or China. Part of what's driving it now is the fact that it's "the thing" that everybody's talking about... and you know you've probably hit the saturation point when SNL does a spoof and it's  trending # 1 on Deadline... but how long can that last?

 

Would love to be wrong though.

Biggest R rated movie WW is probably the goal.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, john2000 said:

fan fuct if both joker and black widow hit 1 billion we will 5 sh movies that hit 1 billion in a row

Which ones are they? I see some SH films this year that has not grossed 1 billion: Shazam, Hellboy and Dark Phoenix.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, peludo said:

Which ones are they? I see some SH films this year that has not grossed 1 billion: Shazam, Hellboy and Dark Phoenix.

Yeah, think he missed Shazam and especially Dark Phoenix.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, peludo said:

Which ones are they? I see some SH films this year that has not grossed 1 billion: Shazam, Hellboy and Dark Phoenix.

lol i forget shazam,hellboy,dark phoenix like they never existed lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, john2000 said:

lol i forget shazam,hellboy,dark phoenix like they never existed lol

shazam, hellboy, dark phoenix: I didn't know if I even really existed... but I do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, john2000 said:

again i would wait to see more if i were you , nevermind

I was drawing a reasonable trajectory. With a 180M WW weekend, it's an absolute lock for 900+, very very likely to finish above the billie. It's going to slow down at some point, but past phenoma showed us that it's not happening in the first weeks of release. Also, the biggest blockbusters until Frozen 2 are Maleficent 2 and Terminator - not too threatening to be honest.

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, A Star is Orm said:

I still think $850-875 is the final destination

screaming sailor moon GIF

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, john2000 said:

lol i forget shazam,hellboy,dark phoenix like they never existed lol

Difference between them is that Shazam was well received and  will be profitable (small profit, but it will be profitable), while Hellboy and especially Dark Phoenix are big commercial flops.

Edited by Marcos12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

 

All the numbers despite really great weather in Europe this weekend.

Edited by Damianport1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, john2000 said:

lol i forget shazam,hellboy,dark phoenix like they never existed lol

$900 M + WW for #Joker ...

 

upcoming weeks are very interesting to see ..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Sunny Max said:

$900 M + WW for #Joker ...

 

upcoming weeks are very interesting to see ..

i will check box office of joker at least one time of the week but thats it for me , i really liked the movie , its a huge success , however i will not see its  performance like i do with an mcu movie  :) (same goes to other blockbusters and disney movies too)

 

Edited by john2000
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Top Semanal Uruguay

# Title Sello Público Screens Last week % Variación Total adm
1 Guasón DISPEL 20.807 47 13.320 +56,21 52.630

 

Well well, now with saturday numbers, we are in love with this movie here 🥰

 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, john2000 said:

i will check box office of joker at least one time of the week but thats it for me , i really liked the movie , its a huge success , however i will not see its  performance like i do with an mcu movie  :) (same goes to other blockbusters and disney movies too)

 

But so far performance is far better than many MCU & Disney movies .. yeah movie is super ... but i didn't expect that kind of box office hysteria .. seriously 

 

2nd weekend international gross is $123.7 M .. as compared to $151 M OW ... Minimal drop i would say ..

 

OS Gross is looking to $650 M .. if movie doesn't drop momentum in coming weeks 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sunny Max said:

But so far performance is far better than many MCU & Disney movies .. yeah movie is super ... but i didn't expect that kind of box office hysteria .. seriously 

 

2nd weekend international gross is $123.7 M .. as compared to $151 M OW ... Minimal drop i would say ..

 

OS Gross is looking to $650 M .. if movie doesn't drop momentum in coming weeks 

joker perfomance is better than many studios movies either disney or wb , but like i said i just dont care THAT much

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's the chances that OS actuals increase by at least 5 mil? Last weekend they increased by around 11 mil.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.