PanaMovie

JOKER OS THREAD // 738.5M OS // 1.074B WW

14 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

Wow. Bonkers number. Love it.

The DC brand is still extremely strong around the world

I agree with that - it's still a strong brand, though not as trusted as Marvel, obviously. I think in this case, though, it's not the brand per se (it didn't even advertise itself as a DC movie), it was the character. At this point in time, Marvel has a host of household names in terms of heroes, but DC used to have the upper hand. The Trinity is probably better known than any Marvel character save Spider-Man. Aquaman, even as the butt of all jokes, was well known. And the most iconic comic book villain is the Joker. DC had a big advantage in terms of GA knowing their characters. They just squandered it away. It's good to see Joker is living up to the potential. A well-done Batman movie will surely deliver gigantic numbers. 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

I agree with that - it's still a strong brand, though not as trusted as Marvel, obviously. I think in this case, though, it's not the brand per se (it didn't even advertise itself as a DC movie), it was the character. At this point in time, Marvel has a host of household names in terms of heroes, but DC used to have the upper hand. The Trinity  was better known than any Marvel character save Spider-Man. Aquaman, even as the butt of all jokes, was well known. And the most iconic comic book villain is the Joker. DC had a big advantage in terms of GA knowing their characters. They just squandered it away. It's good to see Joker is living up to the potential. A well-done Batman movie will surely deliver gigantic numbers. 

Edited by john2000

Anyone who follows comics knows the D.C. marvel thing is a trend. D.C. dominates for two decades, Marvel for one. Then it repeats. Again and again.

And the trinity is still better than known than most marvel characters. Superman is still synonymous with superhero. Batman is batman. WW has a large following, and more than most Marvel characters beside spiderman and iron man. There's a reason those characters are still relevant after theres been so many actors in the role. They are timeless and in 2025, the war will begin to swing towards DC. It is what happens.

1 minute ago, The Chad DC said:

Anyone who follows comics knows the D.C. marvel thing is a trend. D.C. dominates for two decades, Marvel for one. Then it repeats. Again and again.

And the trinity is still better than known than most marvel characters. Superman is still synonymous with superhero. Batman is batman. WW has a large following, and more than most Marvel characters beside spiderman and iron man. There's a reason those characters are still relevant after theres been so many actors in the role. They are timeless and in 2025, the war will begin to swing towards DC. It is what happens.

there is no rule for that again better know doesnt mean as much as it did and i doubt that dc will even come close to mcu in 2025

Edited by john2000
  • ...wtf 1

Just now, Minnale101 said:

Joker with 55 million dollar budget and with no China and rated R does 234 million OW WW 

people talking about marvel LOL

did i offended you ? i made a claim,that doesnt mean that i am hating on dc , or joker and deadpool almost made 800 million with 50 budget, does this suppose to mean anything ?

Just now, john2000 said:

there was no mcu before that history ,anyway we will see we still have 5 years lol

Uhmm but there was marvel and marvel movies. I was a fan of the comics long before any of these movies came out. This isn't new, heck it reminds me of the vertigo age. But yeah we'll just have to wait and see.

Just now, The Chad DC said:

Uhmm but there was marvel and marvel movies. I was a fan of the comics long before any of these movies came out. This isn't new, heck it reminds me of the vertigo age. But yeah we'll just have to wait and see.

my point was that history doesnt mean that the future will be the same, in anyway we will have to see how marvel in phase 4 does