PanaMovie

JOKER OS THREAD // 738.5M OS // 1.074B WW

31 minutes ago, AnDr3s said:

Joker had the best 4th weekend of 2019 in spain (2.2M€.)

over Aladdin (1.57M€) dumbo (1.41M€) and the lion king (1.37M€)

And among the best ever: https://www.boxofficemojo.com/chart/top_release_gross_nth_weekend/?area=ES&by_interval=4

To put into perspective: €2.2m in terms of market size is equivalent to about $44m DOM

• Astonished 6

2 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

Its BO is dominated by leggy markets which can sustain multiple movies. Plus as @titanic2187 said market is barren. So I am surprised by all the plod to 1B. It will easily coast past 1B. Take germany, it had ok hold bcos weather was good. Next weekend if weather is typical german weather, then it will have crazy hold. Plus with holiday help I am thinking drop close to 30% next weekend. Similar I am thinking another 55m domestic after this to beat BvS.

Yeah, it's odd how some still think that the billie is not a sure thing yet. It has run between "very likely" and "basically locked" since that second weekend WW hold.

Predicting 330/340M domestically and 710/720M overseas. Should challenge Aladdin and get right between the two Dark Knights. Could have beaten TDKR with a better third weekend hold dom.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, WeneedtotalkaboutKevin said:

even endgame ?

Endgame did €900k 4th weekend. Beyond the films mentioned, both Aquaman and Toy Story 4 did a better 4th weekend too this year.

As @keysersoze123 said, EG in Spain was all about OW. The rest of its run was not specially remarkable.

Edited by peludo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

OS: It has done $80m during this week. Dropping weekly a 40% from now it would finish with about $690m. I find hard it misses the $700m mark.

WW: It has done $110m during this week. Dropping weekly a 40% from now it would finish with $1.015b.

I just checked that there are only 16 films which have done over $700m OS without China...

Edited by peludo
  • Thanks 3
  • Astonished 1

If you look at OS-C grosses for SH movies only Avengers movies will be ahead of Joker. I think even Ultron OS-C will be beaten. So only Endgame, Infinity War and 1st Avengers movie will remain ahead of this. !!!!! And its dominated by markets that give better returns to the distributors. So extremely profitable BO run.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4
  • Astonished 3

16 minutes ago, peludo said:

OS: It has done $80m during this week. Dropping weekly a 40% from now it would finish with about $690m. I find hard it misses the $700m mark.

WW: It has done $110m during this week. Dropping weekly a 40% from now it would finish with $1.015b.

I just checked that there are only 16 films which have done over $700m OS without China...

With Friday holiday in some parts of Europe, good weather for cinema in Europe, and possible 10-15% drop in Japan surely good chance its drop will be a lot closer to 30 than 40 for next weekend.

Also maybe it can recover some screen that Terminator took this past weekend like in UK and Germany for example.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RJ 95 said:

With Friday holiday in some parts of Europe, good weather for cinema in Europe, and possible 10-15% drop in Japan surely good chance its drop will be a lot closer to 30 than 40 for next weekend.

Also maybe it can recover some screen that Terminator took this past weekend like in UK and Germany for example.

Domestic should add around 20M over the next week (8-9M rest of week including a Halloween bump and a 45% drop if Terminator eats into the adult audience), maybe a 45M OS week at the lower end for 910M or thereabouts by next Sunday.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Domestic should add around 20M over the next week (8-9M rest of week including a Halloween bump and a 45% drop if Terminator eats into the adult audience), maybe a 45M OS week at the lower end for 910M or thereabouts by next Sunday.

Impossible that Terminator has that big a impact as Joker does not need huge screen space to sustain plus Terminator looks like underperforming at this point.

2 hours ago, RJ 95 said:

That isn't that important in Germany. Most movies never sell out a show past Previews (and even that rarely, if it all apart from the likes of TFA, happens), so there are always enough seats available and most showings don't even reach 50% sold.

Joker mostly had more showings than Terminator and almost always in the bigger rooms too.

Edited by Taruseth
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

If you look at OS-C grosses for SH movies only Avengers movies will be ahead of Joker. I think even Ultron OS-C will be beaten. So only Endgame, Infinity War and 1st Avengers movie will remain ahead of this. !!!!! And its dominated by markets that give better returns to the distributors. So extremely profitable BO run.

Exactly, extremely impressive. And don’t forget about the exchange rate which is not in its favour; makes this billion dollar run really a miracle which no-one (not even the biggest DC fan or WBs exec ) expected just a month back!

Edited by TigerPaw
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Taruseth said:

That isn't that important in Germany. Most movies never sell out a show past Previews (and even that rarely, if it all apart from the likes of TFA, happens), so there are always enough seats available and most showings don't even reach 50% sold.

Joker mostly had more showings than Terminator and almost always in the bigger rooms too.

Thanks, how high do you think it can reach ? 3.5-3.7 million possibly ?

11 hours ago, peludo said:

Endgame did €900k 4th weekend. Beyond the films mentioned, both Aquaman and Toy Story 4 did a better 4th weekend too this year.

As @keysersoze123 said, EG in Spain was all about OW. The rest of its run was not specially remarkable.

Damn, color me surprised. No one in their right mind would have predicted such a box office result for Joker. But, after all, Joker is never a man with a right mind to begin with...

3 hours ago, RJ 95 said:

Huge drop in New Zealand (50%) and a very nice drop in Australia (35%).

1. #Joker - $2.86M
2. #MaleficentMistressOfEvil - $1.80M
3. #ZombielandDoubleTap -$1.18M

So, you are telling me that Joker is nearly the sum of Mal 2 and Zombieland...??? What the hell is even going on with this movie?

• Thanks 1