PanaMovie

JOKER OS THREAD // 738.5M OS // 1.074B WW

Talking about the global performance, the billion is obviously locked. The most logical ending would be about $1.05b. But this film performance is everything but logical. Right now, I would not say $1.1b is impossible.

Curious data: Titanic, ROTK, Skyfall and Joker (it will reach it) are the only non 3D films making $700m OS without China.

Edited by peludo
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Astonished 3

Joker surged past $934m worldwide at the weekend, adding $37m from 79 international markets to reach $634.4m and rank as the highest Warner Bros release in 19 markets, the highest from DC in 36, and the highest across Latin America. In Europe it ranks as the number one film for the fifth consecutive sessions after a 17% drop.

The supervillain origins story ranked number one and generated $5.4m in its fourth weekend in France, where the running total has reached $35.7m. A further $4.3m in second place in Germany resulted in $32.9m. In the fifth weekend, the UK delivered $3.1m for top place and a $64.1m tally; Japan $2.58m for second and $37.5m; Spain $2.56m and number one for $27.3m; Italy $2.5m and number four for $30.2m; Brazil $2.1m for number two and $33.3m; Australia $1.2m for number two and $23.9m; and Mexico $1.1m for number five and a $41.7m running total.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Joker surged past $934m worldwide at the weekend, adding $37m from 79 international markets to reach $634.4m and rank as the highest Warner Bros release in 19 markets, the highest from DC in 36, and the highest across Latin America. In Europe it ranks as the number one film for the fifth consecutive sessions after a 17% drop.

The supervillain origins story ranked number one and generated $5.4m in its fourth weekend in France, where the running total has reached $35.7m. A further $4.3m in second place in Germany resulted in $32.9m. In the fifth weekend, the UK delivered $3.1m for top place and a $64.1m tally; Japan $2.58m for second and $37.5m; Spain $2.56m and number one for $27.3m; Italy $2.5m and number four for $30.2m; Brazil $2.1m for number two and $33.3m; Australia $1.2m for number two and $23.9m; and Mexico $1.1m for number five and a $41.7m running total.

Joker actually went up from last week's number in both Spain and Italy 

• Like 4
  • Astonished 1

Just now, titanic2187 said:

So here is it's drop

5% drop in France

10% drop in Germany

30% drop in UK, is there any Friday holiday in UK ?

20% drop in Japan, they use Friday number which they shouldn't.

6% increase in Spain

13% increase in Italy

28% drop in Brazil

40% drop in Australia

43% drop in Mexico

Truly incredible hold all around 👌

• Thanks 1
  • Astonished 9
  • ...wtf 3

12 minutes ago, RJ 95 said:

Thanks. Compare to last week, right now how big its chance to pass Avengers Endgame ? Also how high it's ceiling ?

To pass EG? it seems likely. It needs less than €5m after a €2.2m weekend. Even if it is a bit inflated, it does not need stellar legs from now to do it. For example, Black Panther opened to €2.35m and it did €5.4m more after that.

Ceiling? I do not dare to give a number. Awards season can boost it even more. 31 million? 32? To beat all LOTR films (the most beloved saga here)? Who knows...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Astonished 1

31 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Wait Joker came 1st place at the box office again? For the 5th time in the UK?

1 hour ago, peludo said:

Curious data: ROTK, Skyfall and Joker (it will reach it) are the only non 3D films making $700m OS without China.

It could get excluded by now of 2d release with a search because of the 3d re-release, but Titanic must have done around the double of that that in is first run.

Edited by Barnack
  • Thanks 2

So just for fun I try to calculate how much Joker can get from rest of it's big market from this weekend.

Japan $10m

SK $0.3m

Australia $2.5m

UK $9m

Russia $0.2m

Spain $6m

Italy $3.5m

France $11m

Germany $8.2m

Brazil $4.5m

Mexico $1m

So from this you already get $56.2m

Actually some market like Argentina, Portugal, Netherland and Switzerland likely will get more than SK or Russia from here on.

Edited by RJ 95
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, Barnack said:

It could get excluded by non of 2d release with a search, but Titanic must have done around the double of that that before it's 3d re-release, 

I cannot believe I forgot Titanic. It did about $1.2b OS in 2D without China. I have just edited my post. My apologies and thank you for the correction

Edited by peludo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, PanaMovie said:

Is 730M OS + 340M DOM possible?

While last weekend my expectation is 700m OS and 330m Dom. With these hold. I think we can expect at least 715m OS and 340m Dom. 

Edited by RJ 95
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

Frankly that Germany number wasn't really pleasing me considering the strength of the other European market. 

I understand what you mean. It's pretty much like TLK: Relative to other Disney remakes it did great but relative to many countries with huge breakouts it was rather disappointing.

And now Joker: Seeing how close Italy and Spain are - I just get the feeling that if the german BO was in a better state it could do more...

Still, both movies have great numbers in Germany

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2