PanaMovie

JOKER OS THREAD // 738.5M OS // 1.074B WW

8 minutes ago, Bart Allen said:

Hey there ^_^

Have you got any links of confirmation?

So Joker hit 800k ticket sales? Could it possibly surpass Troy or Avatar, or is that a bit too much?

Hey friend ..  :) 

here is the link :- http://flix.gr/news/box-office-311019.html

2nd thing #Joker might not surpass Troy or Avatar .. 45% drop as compared to LW .. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RJ 95 said:

At least its already highest grossing SH movies in there and will be hard to break that. That's good performance all around 👍

Absolutely its an extra-ordinary achievement .. & for all upcoming biggies this record is very tough to break  

32 minutes ago, RJ 95 said:

Update OS gross

That France number, probably a mistake.

Joker weekdays should be 2.2m and weekend with 5.4m. Current total 35.7m.

With that 36.8m so weekend would be 6.5m.

Unless Gitesh made a typo these are official numbers from the studio. The studio ER’s tend to be different depending on how they hedge with futures. There was a post from @RthTIFF on this.

I think from these current numbers, if i had to pick the most impressive one to least impressive one from 11 biggest OS markets ( can change depend late legs) :

1. Spain 

- So close with Italy but maybe because its more possible to become highest grossing SH movie here

2. Italy

- No need to said anything about this, with bigger OW than Spain but a bit worse legs. Until last 2 weeks probably Italy is #1 but Spain drops is very consistent in 30-35% range that make really hard to overlook.

3. Japan

- becomes  DC biggest movie by far, will double Batman '89 total and no need even to say about the gap with DCEU counterparts, it's so far that if you combine last 4 DCEU release in Japan. Still not reaching Joker total in there. 

4. UK

- will become biggest solo SH movie in there surpassing TDKR record in 2012 but because SH movie always thrive here, so i just put that below Japan.

5. Mexico

- same like UK but in Mexico its already biggest solo SH movie. Also surpass Avengers (2012) like in UK but because i think TDKR record in UK is harder to achieve than Civil War in Mexico. Hard choice.

6. France

- Surprising maybe because in Brazil its possible to pass CM as highest grossing solo SH movies in there, but here in France that record difference is nearly 1.5x next DC or Marvel movies. Spiderman 3 with 6.4m to TDKR 4.4m and Iron Man 4.3m admission. So the fact that Joker will finish probably in 6m area is astonishing.

7. Brazil

- Have a great chance to become highest grossing OS SH movie. Really impressive considering its OW and will have 5x multiplier in there.

8. Germany

- Great performance considering most solo Superhero movies make. around 15-25m here. The fact that Joker can reach 40m and will pass TDKR is really surprising. It also will end as #3 most watched solo SH movies in there just behind Spiderman 1 and Superman '78. 

9. SK

- Same like Russia become highest grossing DC movies in there but the fact this surpass Aquaman that inflated with many holidays make me put this in #9.

10. Russia

- Already highest grossing DC movie in there and have a really good drop in first 2 week. The fact that this only #10, speaks how impressive those 9 markets above,

11. Australia

-Actually in last few weeks has a very good drop but still its OW and total is what we expect from normal SH movie box office run.

Edited by RJ 95
  • Thanks 9

Switzerland 

Joker got 52.129 (-5% from LW) admission from last weekend to take it's total to 386.130. Need 108k more to reach Avengers Endgame, but probably with steep drop expected next weekend across Europe will make it improbable to reach that.

http://www.filmdistribution.ch/top10adm.shtml

Edited by RJ 95
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

1 minute ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Aladdin was something that should do as much as it did.

I still think Bohemian Rhapsody is more impressive considering the subject matter. Joker may be low budget R-rated drama, but it's still a film starring one of the most iconic and popular comic book characters of all-time. 

• Like 1

Right, it's funny that when it's release how many predict 1 billion for this. Even look at that Joker > 300m club, Joker above 1b club or just first page of this OS thread. Look at how much everyone predict. Now some people use that "it's expected because Joker is one of the most popular and iconic character" card. Just accept that it's run is crazy and this has probably best WOM  for solo SH that OS-China market ever experienced. Just look at how high audience rating in Europe, Latin America and Japan movie site. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

19 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

All of these people claiming that Joker's numbers were expected never predicted these kinds of numbers. How come everyone wasn't predicting a billion dollars?

It's an amazing run and blowing past even high end expectations for sure. Prior to release, I think $700-800 million WW would have been a realistic prediction given the popularity of the IP. 

5 minutes ago, RJ 95 said:

Right, it's funny that when it's release how many predict 1 billion for this. Even look at that Joker > 300m club, Joker above 1b club or just first page of this OS thread. Look at how much everyone predict. Now some people use that "it's expected because Joker is one of the most popular and iconic character" card. Just accept that it's run is crazy and this has probably best WOM  for solo SH that OS-China market ever experienced. Just look at how high audience rating in Europe, Latin America and Japan movie site. 

I never said over $1 billion WW was expected. I was simply adding to Charlie's post that Aladdin's IP strength helped a lot in its run and that the same factor also helped for the Joker. Of course, being an incredibly well-received film pushed it above standard DC OS numbers to the heights it's reached so far. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, KP1025 said:

It's an amazing run and blowing past even high end expectations for sure. Prior to release, I think $700-800 million WW would have been a realistic prediction given the popularity of the IP. 

You posted this prediction somewhere before the the release?