PanaMovie

JOKER OS THREAD // 738.5M OS // 1.074B WW

23 minutes ago, Purple Minion said:

First time it's weekend become totally what I expect it will get but it's become easier when number is lower to predict. Less margin of error lol. 33.5m OS weekly this time. Nice 47.4% drop, next weekend it will pass Iron Man 3 OS-China. Also of course as we all know will pass billion mark too. I still think it will get 55m OS more. 50 million at least 

Edited by RJ 95
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Spain

First of all, we have General Elections today what could have maybe cut numbers a bit.

Deep drop after last extremely bloated week (€4.4m week). $29.5m means about €26.58m, so a €1.67m 7-day gross, and weekend should be about €1m or €1.1m. 

It ranks right now #18 all time, outgrossing Aladdin as the 3rd biggest film of the year. Normal target is right now €30m (#10 all time).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

just to keep people expectation check, how well Joker will do in the award season is totally uncertain. Many media pundits put Joker outside of top 10.  At this point, the best picture nomination at both GG and Oscar aren't not even front runner. And best picture nomination is required to boost its gross. Best actor or cinematography won't be sufficient to boost.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Joker continued its march towards the $1bn global box office mark, earning $20.3m from 79 international markets to land at a muscular $671.2m, and $984.7m worldwide.

France generated $2.4m for $39.9m after five sessions, Germany $2.2m for $35.9m after five, and top market the UK $2.1m for $67.7m after six. After six weekends, Japan has produced $40.9m, Spain $29.5m, Brazil $35.1m, Italy $31.4m, and Australia $25.3m. Mexico has generated $42.8m.

That means 55.7% drop in France, 50% drop Germany and 28% drop in UK over the weekend. Spain probably with 55% weekend drop, Italy with 60 % weekend drop, Japan with 43% weekend drop and Australia with 32% weekly drop. 

Edited by RJ 95
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Jokah doesn't need awards to save its gross. It's already made bigger fortune than many expensive MCU and DCEU movies alone. But nomination will be nice.

I think that pundits have it outside of Top 10 because they still live in pre-October 4 world when anti-Jokers tried to convince everyone they were risking dying in a mass shooting if they went to see the movie. those days are over. 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 4

I think Joker may end up somewhere in between these films:

-Hobbit An Unexpected Journey (1.017B)

-Alice In Wonderland (1.025B)

-Zootopia (1.023B)

Then again, Joker's run has been a wild and unpredictable ride, so who know where it'll end up at.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Xftg123 said:

-Zootopia (1.023B)

Then again, Joker's run has been a wild and unpredictable ride, so who know where it'll end up at.

Are you sure of that? It has done $48m during last 7 days coming from a bloated week. Dropping a 50% weekly from now it would end with 1.032b. Dropping a 40% from now, it would end with 1.056b. And sincerely, I do not see any sign to think it will start to drop like a rock from now. I can not see how it misses $1.05b.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

With Monday holiday in France and Poland. Also Friday holiday in Brazil. Let's aim back for sub 40% drop. Personally 40-43% drop already good enough but for a chance to finish >1.075m WW. OS needs to back dropping in 35-40% range. Japan probably won't help again with 15-25% drop but this movie always perform better than what we expect so who knows.

Anyway next weekend if I had to predict from this number alone, will be.

984.7 + 20.1m OS + 9.2m Domestic = 1014m

Edited by RJ 95
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Xftg123 said:

-Zootopia (1.023B)

For total gross ?

What you really mean is that Joker will reach those in 2 weekend right ? 

Edited by RJ 95