PanaMovie

JOKER OS THREAD // 738.5M OS // 1.074B WW

59 minutes ago, cax16 said:

That's actually for me second most impressive OS weekend, first one is last weekend. I really thought it will drop by at least 50%. This just sort of confirm that it will have great chance to drop sub 40% next weekend or maybe back to usual 35% weekend drop. It's weekdays also increase from estimate. 35.3 OS weekly, 21.4 weekend and 13.9 weekdays. Even after inflated holiday this movie drop simply outstanding. 

Edited by RJ 95
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3

With this weekend OS actual come, here is current multiplier for 11 biggest OS market and  I only count with its original weekend. For example in SK it opened on Wed but I use usual SK weekend ( Fri-Sun), same like in Japan (Sat-Sun). I still use each country estimate from yesterday, probably won't change much :

( From lowest to highest multi )

1. Russia 2.89x OW

2. Mexico 3.17x

3. France 3.8x

4. Australia 3.83x

5. South Korea 3.94x

6. Germany 4.02x

7. UK 4.37x

8. Italy 4.56x

9. Brazil 4.82x

10. Spain 6.02x

11. Japan 8.18x

Australia and France surely will exceed 4x OW. Brazil will get into 5x multi and Japan also will reach 9x OW.

If we combine with all OS market, only Spain and Japan in top 10 best multi with Lithuania, Uruguay, Greece, Finland, Netherland, Slovenia, Portugal, Poland and Argentina join them. I may miss some European markets because Insidekino and Mojo don't have their data. All top 10 also have >5x multiplier.

Edited by RJ 95
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

In Greece after 5 weeks on top Joker has now fallen to 2nd place,.In fact it only missed repeating for a sixth week for 1.453 admissions.Still Joker sits at 856.000 admissions and has now entered the market’s top 5 films of all time.It should reach 900K admissions.

Edited by TheDarkKnightOfSteel
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

On 11/10/2019 at 7:07 PM, reddevil19 said:

The fact that there is a strong social narrative behind those negatives represent the biggest obstacle for the movie. And if you can't see that, then you're clearly not paying attention. 

You also thinking Philips deserves recognition actually evidences its other major issue, Philips himself. A lot of Academy members will be loath to recognise the man, and his comments around the release will do nothing to help with younger members, who will want to still steer away from controversy and avoid awarding a nod to a man who rallies against political correctness. 

... did you miss this year's award season? 

This is literally everything people said about both Green Book and Bohemian Rhapsody. (I don't want to spoil it for you, but it didn't end how you thought it did) 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, expensiveho said:

... did you miss this year's award season? 

This is literally everything people said about both Green Book and Bohemian Rhapsody. (I don't want to spoil it for you, but it didn't end how you thought it did) 

No, I didn't.  

Green Book was a nontroversy, whose biggest sin was that it was too much of a feel-good flick. That was always the consensus win.

BR is probably the closest comparison, as it wasn't well-reviewed and the Bryan Singer aura around the movie was a big issue. But the very fact that BR was in the race works against Joker, because they wouldn't want that again. The precedent makes another case LESS likely, not more. 

I think it's a fairly open year, one that could even be called weak, so if we're looking at 7+ noms, Joker could be one of them, but its odds still aren't great atm. 

Admissions Record in Turkey

All time top 5 CBM :-

AEG - 2.480 M

AIW - 1.909 M

Joker - 1.796 M * 

BVS - 1.462 M

Deadpool 2 - 1.374 M

All time top 5 foreign films :-

Fast 7 - 2.961 M

Titanic - 2.943 M

Fast 8 - 2.656 M

AEG - 2.480 M