3. The Dark Knight Rises - $580 million
  4. Captain Marvel - $547 million
  5. Spider-Man: Far from Home - $542 million
  6. Black Panther - $542 million
  7. Spider-Man 3 - $535 million
  8. Aquaman - $528 million
  9. The Dark Knight - $470 million
  10. Spider-Man: Homecoming - $430 million

Solo characters and not including China.

The biggest CBM internacionally in history. 🤡

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1

18 minutes ago, Purple Minion said:

Very nice drops, I think they underestimate OS weekend. Here's how much left I think it still can get from current 11 biggest Joker OS market :

UK = 3.7m more

Mexico = 0.4m

Japan = 4m

France = 5m

Germany = 3.2m

SK = 0m

Brazil = 1.8m

Italy = 1m

Spain = 2.5m

Australia = 1.3m

Russia = 0.2m

Total 23.1m more only from this top 11 market and 34.3 from all OS market I predict.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Joker is going to make over 700M without China and 3D. Last movie to make over 700M without 3D was Skyfall (804M) in 2012. Only Titanic (original 1.2 billie run) and ROTK (742.5M) managed to cross the mark without 3D.  Furious movies cheated with OS 3D release so they don't count. 

@Sunny Max There are more. if you removed China from some boxoffice numbers you'd still get over 1 billion for those movies.  Obviously, the 5 that made 2 billion crossed 1 billion without China. :)

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Sunny Max said:

@peludo So #Joker become the 3rd film overall to cross $1 B mark WW without china ..   😮

other 2 Films are TDK & Pirates of Caribbean 2 

I guess you mean films which were not released in China, because there are a lot more films that have done 1 billion if you do not take into account what they did in China.

27 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

CM didn't! It tops at 974M without China's 154M. And Joker is going to fly past CM's 701M OS in few days, without PG-13, without China, without 3D and without cross-promotion with Avengers. :worthy:

Captain Marvel's run was fantastic and nobody can downplay that at all but I do find Joker's more impressive. It had an R rating, it is not an action movie, it had a lot of the media against it and it didn't have Avengers hype helping it. And of course it did not have China.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Captain Marvel's run was fantastic and nobody can downplay that at all but I do find Joker's more impressive. It had an R rating, it is not an action movie, it had a lot of the media against it and it didn't have Avengers hype helping it. And of course it did not have China.

Oh I'm not downplaying it. I just noticed it made 701M and Joker will pass that number so I wanted to see how much it made w/o China. FFH, another one benefiting from cross-promotion with Endgame, missed a billie without China too. 933M. So did DC's very own Aquaman, 856M ouch. :lol:

CM completely destroyed WW OS, by 300M. Unless something drastically changes, I don't see WW making a billion. Something didn't click first time around. Could be WWI period?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Valonqar said:

CM didn't! It tops at 974M without China's 154M. And Joker is going to fly past CM's 701M OS in few days, without PG-13, without China, without 3D and without cross-promotion with Avengers. :worthy:

But it is the Joker who is the most iconic comic book villain of all time so it's not unexpected is it

Edited by Chucky

9 hours ago, Valonqar said:

Outside of Titanic and Avatar since they couldn't have been predicted either. But Joker is the story of this decade. Hands down. What a way to end 2019. 

No, how do you work that out? It's not even the story of the year, Endgame is a more impressive and less expected run than this. I fail to see how my friends and I knew this film would be huge but the so say box office trackers thought it was such a surprise. Skyfall and BR are far more impressive

29 minutes ago, Chucky said:

No, how do you work that out? It's not even the story of the year, Endgame is a more impressive and less expected run than this. I fail to see how my friends and I knew this film would be huge but the so say box office trackers thought it was such a surprise. Skyfall and BR are far more impressive

Endgame was already coming from a $2.05b previous film with an enormous cliffhanger. It is the culmination of a 11 years saga. I will not say it is not impressive. It has beaten the WW record, something that many thought that just Avatar 2 could do. Of course it is impressive. But it was expected that it would be huge.

But the result of Joker, being a dark, depressing and R-rated drama, without visual effects, without China, without 3D, not connected with any other film, with low budget and made by a director about who many had many doubts is absolutely unexpected. We can debate about how much all of us thought it would do before the release, but many were thinking about 500-600 million, not doubling it and becoming a bigger grosser than any Batman film or any DC film excluding China. Even becoming the biggest SH film ever in many countries over Endgame.

I will not say it is the run of the decade. Both Skyfall and BR can say something. But Joker can compete with both of them. James Bond or Freddie Mercury/Queen are as well known as Joker, or maybe more better known characters. And I think Joker can compete with Endgame about being the run of the year for sure.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3