PanaMovie

JOKER OS THREAD // 738.5M OS // 1.074B WW

In Portugal, Joker already with total €4.55m after €160k weekend, just dropping 33% from LW and winning 7th consecutive weekend in Portugal. It's already 7th biggest movie in Portugal since 2004.

In Switzerland, Joker also already accumulated 451.797 after this weekend. After dropping just 33% and made 20k admission this weekend. Now just 43k more to reach Avenger Endgame to become biggest SH movie in there.

https://ica-ip.pt/pt/downloads/box-office/

http://www.filmdistribution.ch/top10adm.shtml

So far with confirmation there are already 2 movie where Joker record 7th consecutive weekend win, Portugal and Argentina. Depending on the result Netherland and Finland still have chance to join.

Edited by RJ 95
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, A Marvel Fanboy said:

IMO BR was more impressive and unexpected than Joker. Joker is, after all, a CMB or superhero movie. And this is the golden age of CMB/superhero movies.

Many people would bet on 1B for Joker if, before release, they knew it would be 90%+ fresh on RT and 90+ on MC.  1B for a CBM is not unthinkable.

But I dont think anybody would dare to bet on BR making 900+ even if they knew BR would be 100% fresh on RT. 

There is the difference.

No it wasn't - Joker was R-rated, no China, cancelled screenings, and had the media against it, as well as the media suggesting violence will occur - BR, didn't; even the RT for BH was very high at the point of release, and let's not forget that BR is as much a Queen film (one of the biggest rock bands of all that), than it is a Freddie film.

Not many would have met on Joker, given that the last appearance of the Joker was on Suicide Squad, and that film didn't make a great deal (in comparison to some of DC's previous films) and the issues of Leto's portrayal.

Edited by Bart Allen
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

BR had backlash due to Singer but there were no cancelled screenings or spooking out the public with forcasts of impending mass shootings. it was "you see Joker, you risk getting killed". 

Backlash that didn't reach regular people I would imagine, would not be surprised if not similar for the Joker.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

BR had backlash due to Singer but there were no cancelled screenings or spooking out the public with forcasts of impending mass shootings. it was "you see Joker, you risk getting killed". 

Exactly!

Even the US Army were disturbing warnings, and there were undercover police officers going to screening too ~ And not forgetting that the FBI and the United States Department of Homeland Security were investigating possible threats.

Edited by Bart Allen

let's do, OS-Europe. that would be nice.:Venom:

thing is Joker happened to be a CBM with a genre that do well in Europe. Had it even released in China, going by Taiwan numbers, we are looking at Wonder Woman numbers. 

CBMs aren't that big genre overseas, yeah they open big & CBMs are the best performers recently because other things have been shit plus to their negative, they sell better in Asia where tickets are priced low. A 5mn admits in India, Indonesia, Malaysia or Mexico will only get you $13mn while in Germany that's $60mn or even $75mn in Japan.

China sure helps, but at cost of Europe & Japan, the two markets that can even take a trash Fantastic Beasts Crimes of Grindelwald to $500mn internationally.

If Endgame was able to become biggest grosser ever overcoming the genre negative in Europe, Japan and to an extent even China, that's a huge feat.

Edited by Jedi Jat
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Joker backlash definitely reached regular people because Aurora was brought up. 

Maybe.... hard to tell, if you go to the next football game, ask 100 people in the parking lot to explain to you the Joker movie backlash, not sure we would get that many that know what you are going about. But maybe, Americans have a special relationship it is their home industry after all.

But Joker big story is international and there I imagine it was not something at all.

Edited by Barnack

I visited Box Office Mojo for the first time in a long time in order to check Joker's numbers and I just realized BOM has a new layout...I hate it, am I the only one to find it less practical? The association with IMDB made it worse: /

Edited by Fullbuster
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

I visited Box Office Mojo for the first time in order to check Joker's numbers and I just realized BOM has a new layout...I hate it, am I the only one to find it less practical? The association with IMDB made it worse: /

It's most terrible. hard to navigate and so uninformative. 

Actual :bravo:

Edited by Valonqar
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

It's most terrible. hard to navigate and so uninformative. 

Actual :bravo:

Glad it's not me becoming grumpy xD

I'm open to new things, changes but it must be done well and that's not the case here. It wasn't necessary..

Based from Mojo number and Insidekino number to help knowing its weekend to weekend drop, possible/realistic finish in $ , OW and multiplier for Europe countries ( in some countries that isn't listed on Mojo but only in Insidekino, i try to compare with SM:FFH and use its number and currency to come with possible total.). Please correct me if there is anything wrong with SH movie rank that i use   :

- Bulgaria 710k total, 146k OW and 4.86x multi (2nd biggest SH this year)

- Croatia 1.25m total, 265k OW and 4.71x multi (#1 SH movie ever and #1 movie this year)

- Czech 3.8m total, 723k OW and 5.25x multi (#1 solo SH movie ever)

- Finland 4.98m total, 744k OW and 6.99x multi (#1 SH movie ever)

- France 47.5m total, 10.49m OW and 4.48x multi (#4 SH movie ever behind AEG, SM1 and SM3 in admission)

- Germany 41.5m total, 8.91m OW and 4,65x multi ( #4 SH movie ever behind SM1, AEG and '78 Superman in admission)

- Greece 7.5m total, 1.17m OW and 6.34x multi ( #1 SH movie ever)

- Hungary 2.03m total, 512k OW, 3.97x multi (#2 SH movie this year)

- Iceland 560k total, 142k OW, 3.94x multi 

- Italy 32.7m total, 6.87m OW, 4.75x multi (#2 SH movie ever )

- Lithuania 1.1m total, 169k OW, 6.5x multi (#1 SH movie ever )

- Netherland 12.7m total, 2.2m OW, 5.7x multi (#2 SH movie ever)

- Norway 6.5m total, 1.3m OW, 4.76x multi (#2 SH movie ever)

- Poland 11.5m total, 1.44m OW, 7.96x multi (#1 SH movie ever)

- Portugal 5.5m total, 945k OW, 5.82x multi ( #1 SH movie ever )

- Romania 2.6m total, 488k OW, 5.32x multi (#3 SH movie ever behind AQM and AEG)

- Russia 31m total, 10.2m OW, 3.03x multi (#1 DC movie ever)

- Serbia and Montenegro 512k total, 130k OW, 3.93x multi

- Slovakia 1.37m total, 335k OW, 4.08x multi

- Slovenia 620k total, 110k OW, 5.36x multi

- Spain 33m total, 4.89m OW, 6.73x multi (#1 SH movie ever in gross and #3 in admission)

- Switzerland 8.8m total, 1.63m OW, 5.38x multi ( #1 SH movie ever)

- Turkey 6.35m total, 1.39m OW, 4.53x multi

- Ukraine 2.85m total, 1.16m OW, 2.45x multi

- UK 75m total, 15.48m OW, 4.84x multi ( #1 solo SH movie ever)

Total 341.4m total, 71.94m OW and 4.74x multi  

This doesn't include Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Israel, Estonia, Latvia and etc. With that countries possibly will reach 360m total from Europe.

Edited by RJ 95
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1