1 hour ago, a2k said:

TROS

DOMESTIC (48%)
$515,191,774
INTERNATIONAL (52%)
$558,897,845
WORLDWIDE
$1,074,089,619

TROS may not be able to pass JOKER despite being this close. Dom should shutdown Tue and OS might already be done.

Last TROS OS update added 321k, needs another 162k to pass Joker. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, 1Robert1 said:

Like you can see in my post from 6t march it was 737,700,000. Even if skywalker will pass this movie, joker will have additional gross from Hildur's live concert.

You're right and I'm aware of the various concerts in the UK and Ireland - which may expand throughout the world at some point, but as I contacted The Numbers about this: it all depends on whether Warner Bros. actually publishes those numbers and how the coronavirus influences things.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bart Allen said:

You're right and I'm aware of the various concerts in the UK and Ireland - which may expand throughout the world at some point, but as I contacted The Numbers about this: it all depends on whether Warner Bros. actually publishes those numbers and how the coronavirus influences things.

I think that we can agree that sooner or later Hildur's concerts will happen, and WB will not deny themselves pleasure of announcing that Joker won with Skywalker.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, 1Robert1 said:

I think that we can agree that sooner or later Hildur's concerts will happen, and WB will not deny themselves pleasure of announcing that Joker won with Skywalker.

Looking at TROS' recent OS update, there is no need for Hildur concerts for Joker to win WW. With coronavirus set to shut everything down, these numbers are probably close to final. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 1Robert1 said:

I doubt that will matter much for BO. when people are scared about COVID-19 you think they will go to theater to watch a movie available on rent online at Amazon/Itunes etc !!!!

Anyway it does not matter if who wins by few dollars. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, KP1025 said:

Looking at TROS' recent OS update, there is no need for Hildur concerts for Joker to win WW. With coronavirus set to shut everything down, these numbers are probably close to final. 

8 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

I doubt that will matter much for BO. when people are scared about COVID-19 you think they will go to theater to watch a movie available on rent online at Amazon/Itunes etc !!!!

Anyway it does not matter if who wins by few dollars. 

So we all agree that Joker will win BO battle.

• Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

I was so surprised to see crowd flock into theater to see this psych drama. I went to watch during its 2nd week run and it was still full of crowd.

With superhero brand, everything is possible.

RT score was just under 70%, it is kind of weird given the praise that I heard from people around me, even some of the older-adult who never talked about a movie in a workplace mentioned this movie during lunch.

4 hours ago, Borobudur said:

RT score was just under 70%, it is kind of weird

It is so weird I had to check, wonder if we not in a strange era that the Oscar will get more respected than RottenTomatoes by a certain crowd.

8 hours ago, Borobudur said:

RT score was just under 70%, it is kind of weird given the praise that I heard from people around me, even some of the older-adult who never talked about a movie in a workplace mentioned this movie during lunch.

RT critics score means nothing, I wish people would stop paying attention to it. A lot of safe generic mediocrity get high percentage and something challenging and much better gets more mixed reception, but in reality they often have the exact opposite reception among general audience, just compare Joker and BoP/Captain Marvel imdb scores, it's night and day difference despite BoP/Captain Marvel having higher critics score (you all know why).

Edited by Firepower
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Firepower said:

RT critics score means nothing, I wish people would stop paying attention to it. A lot of safe generic mediocrity get high percentage and something challenging and much better gets more mixed reception, but in reality they often have the exact opposite reception among general audience, just compare Joker and BoP/Captain Marvel imdb scores, it's night and day difference despite BoP/Captain Marvel having higher critics score (you all know why).

Sure, but it still has influence in many people. Why? Who knows...

4 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Did you delete something? If no, the above comments, nothing is there to STFU.

I'm telling the posts above to shut up. This critics debate over Joker has gone on long enough, and I don't want it to pop up again.

53 minutes ago, Eric Atreides said:

I'm telling the posts above to shut up. This critics debate over Joker has gone on long enough, and I don't want it to pop up again.

There's nothing much to talk, its a sub thread in another forum, which rarely has any visitors, as run is over.

And it is totally valid argument as Joker is one of those films which is supposed to be Critics darling and the audience that watched it are one who go/correlate with critics. So it was Surprise. An Aladdin doing great without critics is acceptable as Target audience don't care about reviews but Joker sure was.

In India, however, it was critically praised so target audience liking it wasn't surprising. Still can't understand why it was Rotten in USA.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

There's nothing much to talk, its a sub thread in another forum, which rarely has any visitors, as run is over.

And it is totally valid argument as Joker is one of those films which is supposed to be Critics darling and the audience that watched it are one who go/correlate with critics. So it was Surprise. An Aladdin doing great without critics is acceptable as Target audience don't care about reviews but Joker sure was.

In India, however, it was critically praised so target audience liking it wasn't surprising. Still can't understand why it was Rotten in USA.

Well maybe this thread shouldn't have popped up again in the first place.

I don't know if you remember this, but simply put, the debate over the movie's reviews turned toxic real fast during the film's release. It basically turned into a culture war here on the forum, with fights over "woke critics", American critics, and critics in general. It became unbearable to read, and made things uncomfortable and mad toxic.

As a mod, it's my duty to throw out the garbage, and make this forum fun and non-toxic. If I didn't stop this, there was going to be mudslinging, and there was going to be a lot of bullshit garbage clogging this thread and possibly seep into the rest of the forum. It was already getting there by Firepower being a sexist ass again.

And simply put, there's nothing to add to this debate anymore. The movie came out, it made its money, it got its awards, most people here have seen it, they've given their inputs on the movie and the debate on its critical reviews, nothing has come out of it for months. Really, what else is there to talk about with this movie and its reviews? The forum would be better off if this shit was nipped in the bud.

And if people are still so desperate to whine about woke critics and how American film criticism is dead or whatever the fuck, they can go somewhere else.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Eric Atreides said:

I don't know if you remember this, but simply put, the debate over the movie's reviews turned toxic real fast during the film's release. It basically turned into a culture war here on the forum, with fights over "woke critics", American critics, and critics in general. It became unbearable to read, and made things uncomfortable and mad toxic

Ohh, wasn't at all aware of that. IIRC I was on break before Joker after IT2 

• Like 1

On 5/31/2020 at 8:57 AM, MrGlass2 said:

The iconic movie of 2019 predicted 2020.

And as soon as Germans could go back to theaters, they chose Joker. Unbelievable legs.

I don’t really see the correlation between Joker and police brutality against POC, especially the black community.

• Like 1