Eric Atreides

Weekend Thread: It 2 40.74 (-55%), Hustlers 33.23 (Record for STX and J-Lo), Goldflop 2.64 (LOL)

5 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Damn endgame already finished its run? I guess it's been out 4.5 months but that seems sorta short does it not?

Don’t worry! You have the Oscars re-released to look forward to :stirthepot:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1
  • Disbelief 1

6 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

Good for JLo. She's more talented than people give her credit for. Sure there's something slightly useless/annoying about her but in a sea of useless and annoying celebrities she's one whose ass isn't fake. 

She is SO hot!!! 

Edited by efialtes76

2 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Damn endgame already finished its run? I guess it's been out 4.5 months but that seems sorta short does it not?

To be fair, it's the same amount of weeks as Infinity War, and only 5 less than Black Panther. Heck, Force Awakens only lasted 24 weeks.

• Like 2

https://deadline.com/2019/09/hustlers-jennifer-lopez-it-chapter-two-weekend-box-office-1202733682/

2nd Update, Friday Midday: STX’s Hustlers is poised to rake in a $28M opening, which is easily an opening record for STXfilms in the wake of Bad Moms ($23.8M) as well as Jennifer Lopez’s live action pics. Even if grosses fall back to $26M, it’s still a record for both. Friday, including last night’s $2.5M looks to be around $11M.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Eric! said:

New Line’s It Chapter Two at this point in time looks to be holding a bit better than expected with a second weekend of $41M, -55% for a running 10-day total of $154M.

that would be a very good hold. IT1 added 1.81x the 2nd weekend to it's cume.

1.6x would give IT2 220 dom if the 41m 2nd weekend sticks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, a2k said:

that would be a very good hold. IT1 added 1.81x the 2nd weekend to it's cume.

1.6x would give IT2 220 dom if the 41m 2nd weekend sticks.

YESSS that's really good news.

Hoping IT hits 40, Hustlers hits 30, and Goldfinch hits 20 (because the meltdowns would be hilarious). 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

Good for JLo. She's more talented than people give her credit for. Sure there's something slightly useless/annoying about her but in a sea of useless and annoying celebrities she's one whose ass isn't fake. 

That's like actually kind of a nice statement.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Seems low, want it to hit 30M. Or maybe Thursday previews are just becoming a bigger thing than I thought. 

Don't really think it's fair to say that it's low. It's an original stripper drama that doesn't really focus on the eye candy like Magic Mike did, has no real major draws in the cast (quiet Mr. Bonaparte!), and is from a studio that's on the verge of bankruptcy. I hope it pulls through and hits 30M in the end too, but I don't think it's fair to be down on this movie's OW, especially since it's almost locked to be STX's third-biggest movie.

2 minutes ago, DAJK said:

YESSS that's really good news.

Hoping IT hits 40, Hustlers hits 30, and Goldfinch hits 20 (because the meltdowns would be hilarious). 

Well....

However the same success can’t be said of Warner Bros. drama The Goldfinch, which is just simply not flying with a Friday of $1.35M and a 3-day of $4.1M, a complete disaster.

• Like 2