Eric Atreides

Weekend Thread: It 2 40.74 (-55%), Hustlers 33.23 (Record for STX and J-Lo), Goldflop 2.64 (LOL)

10 minutes ago, DAJK said:

YESSS that's really good news.

Hoping IT hits 40, Hustlers hits 30, and Goldfinch hits 20 (because the meltdowns would be hilarious). 

IT2 would need at least 12 Fri to hit 40m IMO. That's a 200% Fri bump from 4m Thu compared to IT1's 166%.

41m seems too optimistic from Deadline. Even using that 200% Fri bump:

12 (+200%) // +166% for IT1

17 (+42%) // +34% for IT1

10 (-41%) // -41.5% for IT1

= 39

I feel we should realistically be prepared for mid-high 30s. Last weekend also Deadline had been optimistic early Friday.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Eric! said:

Would you like to join the Church of Chalamet?

I'm already ALL-IN on anything Denis does, so if Chalamet keeps working with that kind of talent I might have to. Reminds me of Gosling in terms of the kind of projects he's choosing

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Alli said:

Mary Poppins made 170M.  A Spielberg directed WSS will do 200M, Not even joking now. It's a realistic prediction

I have the club written, I just waiting for the year mark to pull the trigger. In short, no. It will be lucky to get 150. 

11 minutes ago, Alli said:

West Side Story will redeem him. 200M confirmed by me!

Your confirmation is all it needs.

On 4/16/2019 at 11:39 PM, Alli said:

Oh yeah, this comes out the same weekend as The Goldfinch. Watch how Ansolo mops the floor with JLo.

On 1/16/2018 at 8:55 PM, Alli said:

I believe you are in the minority. His films have been really successful. I expect this to me make over 100M. The guy is a star

On 5/29/2019 at 5:07 PM, Alli said:

omg so emotional. i smell an oscar for elgort

On 7/21/2019 at 12:34 PM, Alli said:

15M is minimum i see making. And that would be a disaster

On 8/22/2019 at 8:49 PM, Alli said:

good enough. those thinking this was doing under 15M were delusional. this is based on a bestseller and with A lsit star Ansel.

On 9/8/2019 at 5:36 PM, Alli said:

I don't think reviews will be as bad as the pundits expect.

On 7/5/2019 at 7:13 PM, Alli said:

-Brad Pitt is gonna get crushed by Ansel

-The Goldfinch has Oscar aspirations

-September competition is very light. I suppose both movies can make OVER 100M, but i give the edge to The Goldfinch

On 7/5/2019 at 7:27 PM, Alli said:

it will do way better than White Boy Rick. This is based on a hit book.   20M OW is assured

On 7/6/2019 at 4:15 PM, Alli said:

I can't see The Goldfinch lower than 50M total

• Haha 18
  • Astonished 1

1 minute ago, captainwondyful said:

I have the club written, I just waiting for the year mark to pull the trigger. In short, no. It will be lucky to get 150. 

why? and i believe you think In The Heights will be a big hit. Why not WSS - based on a well known musical and directed by Spielberg

3 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

Your confirmation is all it needs.

Clearly Alli was referring to those thinking it would do less than $15M total were delusional. Although it's looking to miss that too so...

Edited by filmlover

5 minutes ago, Alli said:

why? and i believe you think In The Heights will be a big hit. Why not WSS - based on a well known musical and directed by Spielberg

Guess you will find out when I post the club in December :)

• Astonished 1

6 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Pretty soon Ansolo won't be able to get a nickel for his grandma.

Don't worry. He still has his music career.

Still a better singer than JLopez  B)

Edited by Alli
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, TMP said:

Why wait??

Clubs can only be started a year in Advanced. WWS is still 1.5 away. 

I will say this though: I don’t think West Side Story or In The Heights will crack 200 million.  Musicals don’t make that type of money anymore.

The Greatest Showman: 175

MPR: 171

LLL: 150

ITW: 125

So I really don’t care about Christmas legs, and I don’t care about Steven Spielberg, and I don’t care that it’s West Side Story, it’s not going over 200 million.

In the rest… I’m gonna leave for December

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Ansolo is officially a box office superstar with his fourth total nonstarter in a row, everyone!

Nobody should be surprised by The Goldfinch bombing this badly though, in all seriousness. Who was gonna check out a poorly-reviewed 2.5 hour drama?

It should have been a miniseries on HBO Max but TBH WB aren't going to lose much given Amazon Studios put up most of the budget. 

Just now, Jonwo said:

It should have been a miniseries on HBO Max but TBH WB aren't going to lose much given Amazon Studios put up most of the budget. 

Maybe they should have invested that money into better working conditions instead of a movie no-one asked for