filmlover

Old | M. Night Shyamalan | July 23, 2021 | Eliza Scanlen, Thomasin McKenzie, Aaron Pierre, Alex Wolff and Vicky Krieps

3 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Considering Universal has been cancelling advance screenings left and right for this once Shyamalan gave the final cut, I'm not surprised. They're keeping a lid on inevitably bad WOM.

3 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

Reviews for this will be allowed 3 hours before release

Weird

Expecting a very bad movie then. Trash Shyamalan is back.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

Reviews for this will be allowed 3 hours before release

Weird

LMAO, I guess that's better than lifting the embargo after the movie opens, but barely... That actually happened with Tulip Fever, BTW: https://www.vulture.com/2017/08/a-tribute-to-the-truly-bungled-release-of-tulip-fever.html

Edited by BoxOfficeFangrl
  • Haha 1

The absurdly awkward dialogue, and the stilted performances trying to make it sound natural - and then added with Shyamalan's insistence on longer unbroken takes that does nothing but highlight just how off everything is... it's a recipe for a great film.

• Like 3

I mean I chuckled when the guy said "specifically 6 and a half" but that's part of the fun with Shymalan movies. This movie looks insanely fun and it's a shame I won't be able to watch it in cinemas (maybe I might catch it in the US in August if its still running in cinemas near where I'll be living then).

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 2

Uh oh! 

I wonder when the embargo lifts? 

I was looking through Shyamalan’s RT scores. He really is all over the place with critics from 5% to 86%. 

The Sixth Sense, Signs and The Visit are my favourites of his, for sure. 

Remember how great the trailers and tv spots for The Village were? Then it fell flat.

I thought The Happening was abysmal. Split was a let down, so I skipped Glass. Lady in the Water was strange, but I remember not hating it as much as everyone else. Unbreakable was ok back in the day. And I thankfully haven’t seen The Last Airbender or After Earth. 

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

Uh oh! 

I wonder when the embargo lifts? 

I was looking through Shyamalan’s RT scores. He really is all over the place with critics from 5% to 86%. 

The Sixth Sense, Signs and The Visit are my favourites of his, for sure. 

Remember how great the trailers and tv spots for The Village were? Then it fell flat.

I thought The Happening was abysmal. Split was a let down, so I skipped Glass. Lady in the Water was strange, but I remember not hating it as much as everyone else. Unbreakable was ok back in the day. And I thankfully haven’t seen The Last Airbender or After Earth. 

Umbreakable is amazing and very underrated.

• Like 1