filmlover

Old | M. Night Shyamalan | July 23, 2021 | Eliza Scanlen, Thomasin McKenzie, Aaron Pierre, Alex Wolff and Vicky Krieps

3 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Nah, I was thinking right. it's a couple hours before thursday previews start:

On a Thursday morning? That isn’t out of the ordinary. That’s the day of previews, not the day of release. 

Where did “3 hours before release” come from?

When they cancelled the early screening(s) I also thought that the reason could be that they just realized what a bad idea that would have been with people posting the solving everywhere.

But I don't understand why they don't show it to the press. Now everybody thinks it must be a bad film and maybe it isn't.
Richard Whittaker said Stay tuned for this one. Does this comment mean "stay tuned for my review" or "stay tuned for the movie because it's worth the wait and it will surprise you"?

Edited by el sid

Imdb shows 3 reviews: The youtube reviewer clearly didn't like it (but he also had problems with Glass), the French review is at least fresh (60/100) and the Italian one is mixed 5.5/10 - I guess the best rating is 10, Split had 7.5/10 e.g.).
Hm.

Edited by el sid

I am surprised Universal gave this a Superbowl spot. Whatever they saw back then clearly indicated this was another good Shyamalan movie. They were so wrong.

9/25 (OW/DOM)

56 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Wasn’t expecting a 5 star rave from The Guardian but here we are! 

Yep. There’s been a good few decent reviews from some heavy hitters. 

Many here are so hard-wired into overall RT percentage reflecting how good a movie is. It’s madness. 

M Night has always had mixed reviews for what he does, but at least he swings for the fences. I’m much more excited to see what he has in store than some cookie-cutter factory picture that’s as safe as it gets. 

There are several of his movies that weren’t that well received that I really liked. 

• Like 1