Eric Atreides

C'mon C'mon | A24 | November 19, 2021 | Joaquin Phoenix stars, Mike Mills directs

https://deadline.com/2019/09/joaquin-phoenix-next-movie-mike-mills-director-a24-joker-1202738671/

EXCLUSIVE: A24 is in final negotiations for an untitled drama that will be the next film for Joker star Joaquin Phoenix. The movie has been written and will be directed by 20th Century Woman and Beginners filmmaker Mike Mills.

Production begins in the fall, and the deal is a coup for A24 to land the first film vehicle for Phoenix coming off his tour-de-force performance in the Todd Phillips-directed Joker.

• Like 2

On 9/19/2019 at 8:59 PM, Jake Gittes said:

20th Century Women one of the best of the decade.

Need to rewatch this. Wasn't the biggest fan of it when I watched it but I guess I wasn't in the right mood to watch it. But I haven't been a big fan of everything else Mills has made either (including his music videos and short films like his short film for the new The National album). Like his stuff but I've never really connected with them.

• Like 1

Forgot this was black and white. So this, Belfast, Passing, Tragedy of Macbeth, and French Dispatch (parts of it at least) are all black and white Oscar potentials this year. Did Roma actually start a trend (I know The Artist won a decade ago but feels like there's been an uptick in black and white Oscar contenders since Roma)?